Raclette Table Grill What Do You Think?

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Tony Page, May 1, 2023.

1. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

One of my brothers (who likes to cook as much as I do) received an indoor griddle as a gift. When he had company, he loved it because he could do pancakes for a crowd.

I didn't like it because his did not get all that hot...the pancakes cooked very slowly. But I guess if you want to do a meal for a crowd and serve everyone at once, those are one solution. Some number of the reviews on the one you linked said the same thing...never got hot. They recommended that you take the money and invest in a higher-grade model. I see a couple that are 1500w and 1600w (yours is described as 1200w but the box says 1100w), but they may also be cheapish quality.

3. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

This all started With an info commercial about The ninja Woodfire outdoor grill. It's the 1st electric outdoor grill with an air fryer feature. This grill had a lot of features I liked Including a temperature probe, Smoker feature, and automatic settings. The grill is not large but in the commercial it's shows doing a large Amount of French fries using the air fryer Leaving no room for any other cooking. If you have to remove the French fries to cook your hamburgers or whatever else by the time you get to eat in the French fries it will be cold and soggy.
    So I start looking for a Product that would keep the food warm until everything was cooked. The Raclette Table Grill Was a option.
    I never heard of a grill with 2 levels like this so I was wondering if anybody had experience with it.

4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Tony, I have no experience with those... but my first thought is that it's pretty big and kitchen storage space is at a premium in my house. (That's the way my mind works... "where will I put something like that?") I'm pretty sure it will do what you want it to do, and for the most part reviews are positive. If you think you'd use it then why not?

Bobby Cole and Tony Page like this.
  5. John Brunner

I've not seen a two-tier unit before.

As an aside, Bed Bath & Beyond is going out of business. If you have one near you, they are in the early stages (10%-30% off) of liquidation.

Tony Page likes this.
  6. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

7. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

No still unsure, we want to wait until we're in the house to see if it will fit or be needed.
    Our contractor is putting a deck attached to the rear of the house, I want to set up a cooking section with a gas grill, my wife is concern about using fire. I thought we could use an electric grill, however the grill I looked at is small, so I would need something to keep the food warm, while I finish cooking. When I search warming grill the raclette came up? I never heard of it before that l'm not sure it's the correct product? I prefer grilling everything outside, my Wife says we could use the stove for warming.

Beth Gallagher and John Brunner like this.
  8. John Brunner

I feel bad that I laughed at this. It's not as though her concern is purely theoretical, huh?

Tony Page likes this.
  9. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

She's partly still carrying scars from the house fire but mostly it's because I'm a Klutz. We had our last gas grill in the clear, nothing around it, to prevent me from burning the neighborhood down.
    I still melted things, and singe my eyebrows.
    I can see me melting the new house vinyl siding.
    We'll have to see the deck layout.

John Brunner and Beth Gallagher like this.
  10. John Brunner

At one time I wanted to hook up the natural gas to my propane grill so I could avoid filling the tanks. Then one night my neighbor (who had already done it) forgot to turn his grill off after he made dinner. He caught it the next day, but he paid for it.

I, too, know my many limitations.

Tony Page likes this.
  11. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I think I’m up there with @Beth Gallagher on the thing.
    We have so many gadgets that the counters won’t take another one and the storage areas are also full of stuff. Even the room that was designated the gym is packed full of stuff that has nothing to do with exercise.

I guess that for me, the bottom line is that it’s just one more cooking gadget that has to be cleaned, stored and so far as need goes, we do not get that much company anyway. (thankfully)
    Heck, the nice big turkey roaster only gets taken down from the top of refrigerator once a year.

12. John Brunner

I've commented that I've owned 2 electric sandwich presses in my life (George Foreman Grill and a Black & Decker grill.) I used the first one a couple of times, then eventually took it to Goodwill. It took 20 years before I succumbed to advertising again, wanting to make the sandwiches I saw on TV and viewing one of those machines as the only path. I took it to work thinking I would use it to make lunches. I don't even think I even took it out of the box, saving me the step of cleaning before taking it, too, to Goodwill.

It's stupid.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  13. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

1. I agree I don't want to purchase stuff that's just going to take up shelf space. There are some kitchen gadgets that are necessary like the can opener, knife sharpener, toaster Etc., some I rarely used, so we're going to have to focus on the necessary gadgets first. Some of the gadgets we already purchased for use in a mobile home. Biggest factor I think is going to be how much storage space we have and where it's located, then we'll decide what we need.