Ralphie Has A New Weapon

Discussion in 'Make Me Laugh' started by Don Alaska, Dec 19, 2023.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

John Brunner likes this.
  2. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

The boy next door DID shoot me in the forehead with his new bb rifle on Christmas Day.

It was my fault. I wanted to shoot it, he wouldn't let me and I grabbed the barrel and pulled.

His finger was on the trigger and I got hit about half an inch over my left eyebrow ( I still have little dimple there).

I ran wailing home, a tiny thread of blood running down my face. My mom freaked out but my dad sighed and said, "Only you....", dug the bb out with a needle and gave me a tetanus shot (we didn't go to ERs in those days; my dad had the knowhow from being a medic in the war and the drugs from working for a large pharmaceutical firm to handle about anything short of performing open heart surgery....and I'm not sure I'd put that past him....)

I got yelled at and the boy next door lost his rifle privileges for a while. He never forgave me.

3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Before I moved to this county, I encountered a young woman who was from here and going to college in my part of the state. She was a waitress at Ruby Tuesday's. She told me that she and her brother would get into BB gun fights and end up looking like they had a case of the measles.

Don Alaska and Mary Robi like this.
  4. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The son of friends of ours DID get his eye shot out by his younger sister with his BB gun. I think they were fighting over the weapon and it went off blinding him in one eye.

John Brunner likes this.