Remake Classic Movie With Gay Man In It?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

First, not everyone in America is open-minded, and approves, of the gay society. But, a supposedly children's movie, with a gay man in it? I'm wondering.

A new Amazon movie, which, originally was a classic, Cinderella, has Billy Porter in it as the Fairy God Mother. Have seen Billy at some award shows, dressed totally as a woman and he is gay..........not just a cross-dresser.

To wife and I, totally inappropriate, but that is our opinion.

Denise Evans likes this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Appropriate or not, we have had gay people in movies and other entertainment industries for many years. We just were not told whether people were gay until recently, when they either “came out of the closet” or it became known that people who have passed away were gay. Having a person portray someone of the opposite sex is not a new thing , either.
    Way back around 1955, Mary Martin portrayed Peter Pan, and as far as I know, no one had a problem with that.

3. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Old attitudes are hard to break for old people so I won't even try to change mine for the allotted time I have on this earth.

Marie Mallery and Frank Sanoica like this.
  4. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Peter Pan has mostly been played by a female, starting with Mary Martin. But, apparently there is very little "gender" role in playing Peter Pan.

OTOH, the Fairy God Mother, and note the word "Mother", in Cinderella, should be, and has always been, a female.

There are those that have gotten tired of the gay and lesbian society pushing their beliefs onto the straight society, and now there is this movie. Blame the Casting Director for this!

5. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

It's like TV. If you don't like it don't watch it.

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

It would be much, much better if Producers and Casting Directors simply wouldn't put out movies like this. Cinderella has always been known as a family/young kids movie, but this one..........don't think so!

Marie Mallery and Ed Wilson like this.
  7. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I wouldn't mind except that this is a children's movie. It's not that there is a gay actor cast for a part, it's that they changed a main female character into a transgender...in a kid's movie.

8. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Life seemed simpler when the closet door was closed. Just say'en

9. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Veteran Member
    Registered

As far as I know, Cinderella is a fairy tale. So the Fairy God Mother can be just about anything, including a cross dressing man. Have they also converted the pumpkin into an electric car?

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  10. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Fairy Tale or whatever, the movie was intended for children. I still think this whole thing is going to far, but..........just the way things are today.

Ed Wilson likes this.
  11. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Hubbys 80 yr old mother liked western books and movies. Especially Louis L'Amour. Wehave dozens of hisshe sent us.

But she did not care to see 'alternative ;sex lives in action.She rented BrokeBack Mountain thinking it was a western.:eek: She snatched it out did a number on it.
    Apple of my eye is a lesbian, 34 yr old 1st grandchild. We didn't apeak for 3 years but now we just don't mention it yet she knows how I feel and I know how she feels. It is between us but thats life.
    I don't watch anything with a homsexual in it.
    We have 13 grands and 15 greatgrands now.

Frank Sanoica and Ed Wilson like this.
  12. Marie Mallery

Registered

Its like Netflix doing the same thing to Jesus. No wonder we have so much crime and our young are lost.
    Too much WOKEness from the older generation.I know America is gone but I don't have to like it. Much less agree with it.

13. Marie Mallery

Registered

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  14. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Marie Mallery

Poor Jesus! During my lifetime, I have heard it proposed that he was Black, Female, an Ape, and now, a homosexual. Next argument will be male or female homosexual. Gosh, if ANYONE ought to turn over in the grave........

Frank

Hedi Mitchell and Marie Mallery like this.
  15. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

The reason priests are supposed to remain celibate and unmarried is not because Jesus was or gay, It is to keep the resources of the Catholic Church from being divided to wives and family of the priests. We don't know much about the family life of Jesus as there was a meeting to set up what was and was not to be included in the new testament. Can't remember the name of the meeting but I remember it did happen. The DaVinci Code created quite a stir with the possibility of Christ having a wife, etc. A 'lost' gospel alluded to the fact that Jesus kissed Mary Magdalen (sp) on the mouth.
    Maybe the movie was to give license to priests' gay activities?

John Brunner likes this.