Republicans Lead In Many Polls

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Don Alaska, Nov 7, 2022.

1. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

I watched whole youtube wit tin for the picture of my governor to appear....He's going thru that crap this time...He was my governor then people elected a corrupt family like the USofA did. he's running again and it having all kinds of mud thrown at him>

Don Alaska likes this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I wasn't going to, but I voted. In and out in less than five minutes. No waiting. I'm not really excited about any of the candidates. Our current governor, Mills, needs to go but I wish we had a better choice than our former governor, LePage. He's an ass, he lies a whole lot, and he's about as dumb as a rock. Still a better choice than what we have, unfortunately. Then, we have Bruce Poliquin who is trying to get his old seat back in the US Legislature. His one term was lackluster, at best, and in his failed reelection campaign, he distanced himself from President Trump. That's pretty much all that he campaigned on. Republicans really suck in Maine. They pride themselves on bipartisanship, which means they vote with the Democrats at least half the time.

Turnout seemed to be pretty light, although it may have been the time of day. I've had to wait in lines at the same polling place in past years, however. I think that pretty much everyone is fed up with the way that things are going within the state and throughout the country right now, but Maine Republicans are simply running retreads from previous years, and not much in the way of excitement.

When Paul LePage was elected governor in the previous term, he had campaigned on lowering taxes, as Republicans always do, but one of the first things he did was to impose a whole bunch of new taxes. True, he lowered the income tax a little bit but he more than made up for it with new taxes. So now, after the income taxes are raised back up again, we still have taxes on a bunch of stuff that hadn't been taxed before. Now, of course, he's bragging about having lowered taxes and not mentioning the new taxes he imposed on us. He blusters like a Republican, but I wasn't impressed.

As our Congressman for one term, Bruce Poliquin didn't have the guts to take a stand on anything, as he tried to play the middle.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2022
  3. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Listening to all the media twist is enough to make a person cut his ears off. The media is so corrupt and no more than a branch of the democratic party. No news and what they do report usually has a leftist slant at the end. You would think after looking at their income and lost viewers the past 12 or 14 years would be enough to get them all back in line with mainstream America. Years ago I enjoyed watching Jimmy Kimmel his first couple years. He went totally dumb and has ruined his show. I think a lot of these people like him have always had that hateful hatred of middle America and for what reason I have no idea. Every time a democrat takes charge the nation suffers and incomes drop to the bottom. It will take a pretty bad person to drop lower than this halfwit in our white house today. Nothing I would love more than see some of these people go to prison for their crimes of targeting political opponents using their office and federal offices as tools to accomplish smear campaigns and worse. It is easy to get democrats to run for office because they are already tainted and have nothing to lose. The best laugh recently just a few days ago was that slo joe has an approval rating now back up in the 40s, talk about outright lies. What did he do overnight, did I miss something ?

4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I voted and usually stop by both booths (the Rs and the Ds) to chat with the people who care enough to go out and do that stuff. One woman working there said "We should make it a law that everyone must vote." We chatted. No agreement was reached. I went inside and voted.

I hope that idea never gets traction.

Don Alaska and John Houlihan like this.
  5. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I guess it takes some serious mental stamina to dip your mind into that cesspool to see what kind of crap they're throwing around.

6. John Brunner

When Fetterman was on the campaign trail having his "issues," the people on D.O. were having a meltdown that he should have never been allowed to speak in public or debate. In other words, rather than being angry the Dems would stand up such a candidate (and abuse the poor guy in the process), they were angry that he was not sequestered in Biden's basement to campaign by proxy through others. They would actually be fine with him in office!!!!

I don't know how you could separate out a serious commentor there versus it being someone like me trolling and posting irrational crap to make them look bad.

7. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I voted this morning and it was about the busiest I have ever seen a mid-term election. Even with a lot of early voting, there was a small line and every booth was filled. Polls generally favor Democrats; that was why I found it interesting that the MSM commentators were talking about the Republicans leading in the polls and how stupid American voters are.

John Brunner likes this.
  8. John Brunner

Faye Fox, Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  9. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm wondering how Sarah Palin will come out this time. Any indication?

10. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

No idea. She certainly has people on both sides--haters and lovers. She is splitting the Republican vote as she joined the race late, so she kinda helped the Democratic candidate in that respect. Murkowski (our "Republican" U.S. Senator ) is campaigning for the Democrat in that race. She has such name recognition nationwide that were she elected, she could call press conferences and get attention if she were in Congress.

Beth Gallagher and John Brunner like this.
  11. John Brunner

I voted about 11AM and was told I was in between the "on the way to work" crowd and the "on the way home from work" crowd. But they said that turnout had been light. I don't know how much early voting had been done.

Don Alaska likes this.
  12. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm in Florida and it was no surprise that our Republican Governor and Senator cruised to an easy win, so the pollsters got that right. We kept hearing about a red wave that didn't happen.

And we're still waiting to hear the final numbers for Arizona Governor.

13. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

It's vaguely possible that we'll barely take the House, but don't count on the Senate.

Seems as though abortion was far more important than a failing economy, crime, foreign relations, immigration out of hand, etc.

It was more feasible to put the generation Z misfits, and loud mouthed do nothing useful leeches back into office in order to fleece us of our tax dollars by collecting exorbitant salaries. A total impotent lot whose sole achievement is the ability to say, "duh."

14. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Nothing today but the usual chest beating from the liberal side. You can't really depend on any news outlet for truth. Trump lives in their minds and the first thing they started spouting was that Trump is finished. Nothing has changed with Trump and if he decides to run I still support him. He has been a target for these criminals who are the loudest of the boasters this morning. If he doesn't run I am finished with wasting my time. I did all I could for my country because it was a duty. If people of today want to fall into the past and once again suffer as the nation has in the past then so be it. I've said all along we have too many foreigners allowed to come in and take over our voting booths and you can bet this election was a good example. As long as they are allowed to spend our tax dollars to buy votes with freebies that entice the freeloaders to the polls it will never change. The next time this nation truly sees how it was a long time ago it will be after all these moochers are no longer a part of the nation. Usually danger and hard times are the common denominator in how we live here in America. We have never been this far down or in more danger than today. Let's hope the fools that vote for the thieves and criminals are the first to feel the pain.

15. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

You certainly have a way with words, Ms. Winters. :D