Republicans Lead In Many Polls

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Don Alaska, Nov 7, 2022.

1. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Ditto Lois! When young folks realize what they have been given in lieu of constitutional rights and freedom, it will be too late I fear. They will abort a late-stage human baby knowing its body will be sold "to science" and probably go to Asia for commercial sale, but they won't abort a mother dog even though her puppies will be hard to give away or go to bad homes. The hypocrisy is unbelievable!

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I totally agree with you, Ron.

Faye Fox likes this.
  3. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

That happened here in Georgia in 2018 when Brian Kemp (R) was Secretary of State. A few months before he formerly declared his candidacy for governor, Kemp ordered "maintenance' of the voter rolls which resulted in the removal of 107,000 voters simply because they hadn't voted in the last 7 years.

I'm not blaming Kemp so much for that, he had every right to use whatever means he felt necessary within the law, to win, even if it appears unethical. I blame an archaic law here that allows it. After repeated protest, the state legislature recently changed the law to 9 years not voting before you can be purged. A token change.

Re-registering to vote is the most troublesome for those with the least resources to undo it, and conveniently those are most likely to be of one political party here. Every little bit you can do to make it difficult for them to vote the better.

Don Alaska and John Houlihan like this.
  4. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I think anyone who has not voted in two consecutive presidential elections (and the elections between) should be dropped and made to re-register. I also think every state should require photo IDs to vote and that they should be provided free of charge to those who don't have driver's licenses or passports. Booths could be periodically set up in grocery stores or malls to provide the service, and mobile photo labs could supply those who are confined due to illness or disability.

5. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Yes, I agree! We have to have an ID's for everything else in this world. We should absolutely have ID's to vote.

Don Alaska likes this.
  6. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't know what all the fuss is about anyway; I can't remember EVER voting when I wasn't asked for my voter registration and picture ID.

Krystal Shay and Hoot Crawford like this.
  7. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm through with being a nationalist in a nation I no longer recognize. No more politics for me.

8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

So what are Republicans going to do with their new majority in the House of Representatives? We can guess from the fact that they just chose Kevin McCarthy, a GOP congressman who is pretty much a Democrat, as Speaker of the House.

When Democrats have the majority, they choose a leftist. When Republicans have the majority, they look to one of the most leftist members of their party to lead them. That's why I hate the Republican Party and fear the Democrat Party.

9. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Also why I'm pretty much done with politics.

Lois Winters likes this.
  10. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I sincerely hope they have the gonads to investigate Hunter Biden and the Big Guy.

Lois Winters and Don Alaska like this.
  11. Ron Beforee

Ron Beforee Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I'm not far behind you ...... @ 73, there's not a lot 'they' can do too me. I'm all paid for/no debt , pretty good health care, pretty much stay at home ..so I might just bow-out myself, see what the other folks want for themselves? See what direction they want the country too go ? IMO, it is headed down the drain .. we'll see, if I live long enough.

12. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Most states DO NOT require photo IDs for voting. You just live in a modern state. Democrats seem to think that requiring photo IDs "suppresses the vote", but they don't seem to find that a problem when banking, flying, travelling by train or bus, buying liquor or driving a vehicle. Only voting is suppressed.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  13. Ron Beforee

Ron Beforee Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Amazing how that works !!

Don Alaska likes this.
  14. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Now reporting that Mike Dunleavy won the governor in Alaska. Is that good or bad, @Don Alaska ? It showed the picture of him with President Trump, so I am hoping that this is good news for you !

Lois Winters and Don Alaska like this.
  15. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

He is the incumbent and in my opinion the best of the choices. Bill Walker would have been the worst choice, as he tried to sell the state to China when he was governor prior to Dunleavy. Walker is a Murkowski ally and worked with her groupies to get the ranked-choice voting system put into place.

Lois Winters and Yvonne Smith like this.