Revenge Is Mine, Saith The Lord !

Discussion in 'Other Reminiscences' started by Bobby Cole, Nov 13, 2022.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Yeah, I know.
    According to the Bible, we’re supposed to leave any vengeful thoughts behind and think about happy things and love thy neighbor but there are times when it just seems so right to mete out a little justice on our own.

Now, I’m not talking about taking anything to any extreme like the time I knocked Marvin Fowler completely out from behind his desk in the 4th grade for continually having some fun at the expense of my last name.
    No, nothing like that because for that sowing, I reaped the whirlwind tongue of a very upset Ms. McPherson but notably, Marvin never scrambled my last name again.

Of late though, as I explained in another thread, this tweaked up white guy kept going up and down our street with his boom box playing some really raunchy rap. I mean, we could hear him coming from a couple blocks away so after a bit I devised a plan to “out noise” him.

I did indeed get a bluetooth receiver and pre/amp and and I did indeed hook up a couple of speakers on the porch.
    One day, about 2 weeks ago I heard him coming so I turned the speakers toward the street and waited for him to get directly in front of the house.
    I had already looked up the Hallelujah Chorus on YouTube and had it ready so when the guy started his trek by our house ……I hit the button.
    Even with the speakers turned around, it felt like I had a front row seat listening to the Mormon Tabernacle choir complete with the orchestra.
    HALLELUJAH …HALLELUJAH…HALLELUJAH….HALLELUJAH….HALLELUJAH…could be heard for at least a 5 block radius!!

Now, did it work? Heck yes it worked ! It took two doses but our purveyor of nasty rap has taken to wearing a headset and only quietly mouths the words as he marches up and down the street.

Just as an epilogue, I do hope the good Lord forgives me for using music that was dedicated to Him to enact a form of revenge and who knows, maybe He got a laugh out of it too?
    ………………………..

I know that everyone has had an instance when they just had to do something a little mischievous as a sort of revenge so….what’s your story?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2022
  2. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Does trying to get even with a German shepherd count? I tried it once and it backfired.

I lived in a place for a couple years where I could walk to work. About a half mile. I had to walk past this house with a very large mean German shepherd chained in the yard. He would run to the end of his chain and bark aggressively at me from the time I got near the house until long past. It was so irritating I started dangling my keys as I walked by. This noise seemed to set him off even more. And I enjoyed it. If he's going to bark the whole time, I might as well irritate him as much as he irritates me, right?

One winter morning I walked by and they forgot to chain him up. You can probably see where this is going.

He came running at me as fast as he could, as soon as I got into his sight. Fortunately I remembered the rules: Never try to outrun a large dog. He grabbed my leg and bit so hard it made 4 teeth marks through a heavy winter coat and slacks. I stood my ground and stared at him, heart racing but not letting on I was terrified. He let go, looked up at me with sort of a confused stare, and walked away. I went slowly on and he didn't follow. Dodged a bullet.

I think I always took a longer route after that. It was back in the 70s. I've avoided German shepherds ever since.

Yvonne Smith and Bobby Cole like this.
  3. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

gotta love this!

Bobby Cole likes this.
  4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Don’t know why not because if my grandfather was still alive, he’d have a story about a rooster that used to chase this 3 year old boy (me) into the outhouse and back from there to the house every single morning.
    I guess granddad had more than one rooster because one morning the old man waited until i got into the outhouse and whilst the rooster stood a few feet from the donniker waiting for me to come out, gramps unloaded a round of birdshot from his 12 gauge and let the feathers fly.
    I can’t remember but since grandma was such a good cook and thrifty too, we probably had chicken and dumplings that night or the next day.

Yvonne Smith and Nancy Hart like this.