Rudy The Rooster Is Now Dating!

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Marie Mallery, Mar 23, 2022.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Just what we needed another animal to deal with. Seems since he became mature and chasing hens he copped an antitude and crows alot. Like when we were cleaning up dog poop. I told hubby go ring that darn roosters neck! Of course I was just verbally letting off steam! I wouldn't hurt Ruddy. Hubby gave him a whos boss lesson yesterday because he kept attacking him, So hubby held him down flat on the ground to let him know who's boss. Worked fine, Ruddy calmly walked off in defeat.
    Rudy just walked up into the yard a couple weeks ago and refused to leave. He was not quite matured then.

Ed Wilson and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Marie Mallery

Registered

For the second time hubby had to show Ruddy whos boss. He pinned him down for a couple minutes and Ruddy just shook himself and walked away in defeat.

Short lesson in taming a rooster,

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

When I was a kid, my father got a Bantam rooster somewhere that he kept in the garage, and every time I went in there he came after me.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  4. Marie Mallery

Registered

Well Ed if it ever happens again you'll know what to do.If you watched the 2 minute lesson. Nobody gets hurt so all is good.

John Brunner likes this.