Sailing Is Much More Fun Than Power Boating Do You Sail ?

Discussion in 'Travel & Vacation' started by Lon Tanner, Sep 22, 2021.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

[​IMG]
    SAILING, SAILING, SAILING
    We do love it, particularly the smaller, intimate and yacht like atmosphere of a ship like the Windsurf. We have sailed twice before on one of the sister ships that are a bit smaller. Tahiti and Panama Canal. We will meet the Windsurf pictured above in Barbados on December 6th, 2009 after flying from Sacramento to Miami and then a three hour flight to Barbados the eastern most island in the Caribbean.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  2. Bibbi Wright

Bibbi Wright Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

We live near the lake that stretches 50 miles further inland west from here and 50 miles east out through Stockholm to the Baltic Sea. We’ve been on power boats and sailing boats and loved both. Though I don’t take a very active part for obvious reasons.

Marie Mallery and Lon Tanner like this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Sailing isn't popular here at all, but do see a sailboat now and then. Sometimes I will look outside, see how windy it is, and say to my wife "great sailing weather, but not for powerboating". Sailing takes to much physical work, while, powerboating, turn on the key, start engine and off you go.

Actually, during the 10 1/2 years we lived in northeastern Florida, we didn't see any sailboats on the water at all.

4. Lon Tanner

Registered

Power Boaters can be obnoxious some times.

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  5. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

We do have sail boats here but not as many as power.
    I like to watch a couple on YouTube who sail around the world for past 5 years now,time flys.
    Thats a whole lot of work like forever kind that never stops. Them 4 says ago Covid stuck in New Zealand working on fridge freezer 'ridiculos'.

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Not us, but I do have to fully agree with you on this. Young boaters can be very inpatient with non-experienced boaters and older boaters at the the launch/retrieving ramp. They will say "if you are doing this (launching/retrieving) for the first time, don't do it in front of me" and "why don't you older/Senior boaters sell you boat".

Actually, one time, at a boat ramp here in Colorado, I young guy got upset with us over something (too slow in launching?). My wife told him to please be patient and he said "shut up b****". I grabbed my cell phone and told him I was going to call the Park Ranger and Warden. He said "go ahead and I'll kick his a** also". Luckily, our boat started fast and we took off for open water. Didn't pay any attention to the "No Wake" buoy and just got out of there. Scared the crap out of us!

7. Lon Tanner

Registered

The Youngsters are right. Senior Boaters should sell their boats and move into Assisted Living to be safe.

Cody Fousnaugh likes this.
  8. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Just had to do a "Like" for this post.........had to. LOL