Scotus Scuttles Mandate

Discussion in 'In the News' started by John West, Jan 13, 2022.

1. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Check your news sources but the Supreme Court said Biden cannot mandate forced corporate vaccinations. The left medical professionals in the lurch, though.

2. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks to Trump's firewall SCOTUS appointees at work.

3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

There are questions as to whether the mandates for Federal contractors stands. I do not know if the ruling was narrow to the OSHA mandate.

Oh...and this one was 6-3. Better than 5-4, I guess. It is chilling to think there are any Supreme Court justices (much less 3 of them) who believe that some non-elected bureaucrat at a Federal agency wields this kind of power.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

The two more liberal justices would vote for public executions at the whim of the president as long as the president was a Democrat.

5. John Brunner

Yup...we're nothing more than virus-spitting machines. And the idiot does not even realize that she might very well be talking about herself.

It boggles the mind than any human being could think that way.

6. John Brunner

I just read that the SCOTUS ruling permitting the medical professional vax mandates to stand was 5-4.

Leave it to Justices Thomas, Alito, Gorsuch and Barrett to stick to the salient points, while other justices believe themselves to be situational experts. And what's up with Kavanaugh? He voted down the OSHA mandate as an overreach and then supported this one.

Don Alaska and Denise Evans like this.
  7. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

8. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

This is what gets me about the nay and yays. It is chilling, can't think of a better word than that, to know so many in this country are out of their pickled brains, especially sitting in high places calling the shots :rolleyes:

9. John Brunner

Regarding those in high places: having observed this in the corporate world, I can tell you that the personality types that are driven by such goals are not those who possess the deepest skills or who are of pure motive. Reward systems seem to be universally perverted, and there are people whose primary skill is navigating them.

Then there are the motives of those who place people in such key roles.

I guess things really do get corrupted over time.

Al Amoling and Denise Evans like this.
  10. Denise Evans

Registered

Same reason I rarely met up with a manager I truly liked. I used to hear that managers got into their position because they were lousy "workers".

John Brunner likes this.
  11. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Roberts did the same with the Obamacare decision. He declared to be both a tax and not a tax in the same opinion. That one was a 4-1-4 decision with Roberts siding with both. Some reports were that he wrote BOTH the conservative opinion and the middle one, greatly angering the Right.

John Brunner and Denise Evans like this.
  12. Denise Evans

Registered

It sounds to me like, again, Roberts is just another pin-head that doesn't do his home-work, and figures he doesn't need to because he thinks all but the "left" are so stupid we miss bs like that. Well, I do miss a lot I admit, lol, but there are smart people I like to hang with that catch those bloopers ;)

13. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Which refers us all back to the second amendment for further reading. I think all those leftist are afraid to read the constitution knowing full well it does say we have the right to bear arms to protect ourselves from tyrannical government, not to go Wabbit Hunting. Today we have more criminals in America than at any time in our short existence as a Nation. Most of them are elected officials because the pay and spiffs are so great.

14. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

When I worked with the big main--frame computers that was my impression.
    After I had retired and was working at a convenience store the 3 managers that I had during my 13 year tenure worked their butts off. (when I had been retired for about 6 months, my lovely wife asked me if there was any way I could get a part-time job for 4 hours every day...At the end of the 13th year she asked me if I'd like to be home with her...Obviously I said yes)

15. John Brunner

Right now, the media is the world's biggest enemy. They are on the side of evil. I do understand that the 2A has been a major reason why our nation has not yet been overrun by "enemies domestic." If we maintain/fix the integrity of how the ballot box is managed, this will be corrected within our system. I'm not certain that efforts to to it otherwise would end in our favor. Actually, I'm kinda surprised that there has not yet been a False Flag event.

Don Alaska and Denise Evans like this.