Secret Diary. Do Not Read

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Beth Gallagher, May 26, 2021.

1. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Blackrock is buying up all the single family homes it can. I think they are up to 40% and as foreclosures happen...
    I have received several offers on my farm (which I put on craigslist just to see if there was interest, a couple of years ago) I have received offers on hubby's house which we have not advertised at all. I check on my house titles regularly for theft.

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Latest "capture" from the driveway camera; this at 1:51 a.m. today. They are wearing masks!!

upload_2024-2-5_18-30-57.png rin

3. Beth Gallagher

Registered

4. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

5. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Now why you go and remind of the coming season. :( I saw my motion detector come on and shuddered. I pushed the thought out of my mind. Let me start to get myself ready

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2024
  6. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I make a list of things i've done so I can feel good about crossing them off.

7. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I crack myself up at the thoughts that come to me sometimes. I'm glad I can share them with y'all.

8. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Not much going on with me, which could be considered a good thing. Life has been pretty calm lately. My husband is still working on wrapping up his mother's estate which is mostly done except for the sale of her house. Once the house is finally emptied the painting and cosmetic work will begin. There is also an oversized detached 2-car garage with workshop, a garden shed, and a barn to clear out. The estate sale was a success but there is still a lot of stuff to be disposed of.

I've got garden fever and I'm anxiously awaiting my seed order to arrive so I can finish planting seed trays for the outside garden. The cucumbers and okra that I started a couple of days ago are already sprouted! The okra is a dwarf variety that should do well in raised beds or containers, and the cukes are National Pickling variety that I grew last year. I'm not wasting any raised bed area on peppers or lettuces since I have good success with growing those indoors.

I have finally decided to hire a housekeeper. I have a lot of difficulty keeping up with stuff in this house and it bothers me. So I will have someone come in a couple of times a month to mop, dust, etc. just to keep it under control.

We are under severe weather warnings today; lots of tornado activity north of here and more storms coming. Supposed to get colder tonight, too, though we have had a mild winter so far.

9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It does seem like the years have a way of sneaking up on us, @Beth Gallagher . It is harder for me to keep up with things now, and I just am not going to do much for gardening this year.
    Why does it seem like everything is harder now that I am 79 than it did two months ago when I was still 78? Maybe if I pretend I am still younger, I will get that lost energy back again.

10. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I agree, Yvonne. Plus it seems like that since I have a finite amount of energy, I'd rather spend it doing stuff I want to do instead of what I "need" to do. :D (I want to play with AGs and let the dust bunnies roam free.)

11. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

You’re still young @Yvonne Smith …well I’ve just turned 78 this month and I don’t feel old in fact I’ve outlived my parents by almost 20 years ..so far …and plan to keep going :):)

12. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Did I miss your birthday, Kate?? If so, happy belated birthday! birthday.gif Hope it was a good 'un!

Kate Ellery likes this.
  13. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks @Beth Gallagher my birthday was Feb 3rd …yep had 2 birthday cakes / lunches at one friends the day of my birthday and the neighbours the next day BBQ and cake

14. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I think my husband is getting "quirky." He doesn't want to admit that his hearing is getting iffy, but he wears wireless headphones to watch TV and frequently falls asleep with them on. He also walks all around the house/yard with them on like he's receiving some "ground control to Major Tom" transmissions. I'm sure the neighbors wonder what the heck the goofy old guy is up to. I suppose one bonus to the headphones is that he can't hear a word I'm saying, plus it's easy for me to sneak up on him, heh.

15. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Beth Gallagher - perfect, the housekeeper for you.
    Try to get hubby to have hearing test, unchecked hearing can cause issues with communication and you don't want that.