Selling Chickens

Discussion in 'Jobs I Have Had' started by Molly Fenster, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Molly Fenster

Molly Fenster Veteran Member
    Registered

Im not kidding, this was my first job. The neighbor near our farm had a lot of work to do and I was able to help him by selling chickens. Was a nice one to be honest :).

2. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Was the pay mere chicken feed? :D

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
    Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, hey it was a living right. This was your first job and you had to start somewhere. I'm not sure I could of done a job like this though. After all, I would of known what was going to happen to the chickens after they were sold. Hey, I know when I go to the store where those chicken parts come from I just don't want to be witness to it actually taking place if you know what I mean.

4. Val White

Val White Veteran Member
    Registered

Molly when selling your chickens, did you ever imagine your wildest dreams that the sale of chickens would one day go to over 8 billion chickens sold annually.

5. John Donovan

John Donovan Veteran Member
    Registered

My grandfather used to sell chickens and all sorts of other farm animals. I remember going to his farm when I was a small child and just chasing all the chickens there. Sure, my grandfather would yell at me, but then my grandmother would be by my side, saying that at least it's good that I am active and such.

From what I've seen while watching him work, it's a really hard job! Not too hard to sell them, but hard to maintain, especially when you have upwards of a hundred animals on your hands!