Senior Pot Related Er Visits Increase

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Faye Fox, Jan 14, 2023.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

As I said before, my husband smokes pot and we've been married 36 years. I have yet to see him "high" or have any signs of loss of mental acuity. I think a lot of "data" is hysterical hogwash but I only know what I have first-hand experience with. I drink a beer almost every day; he smokes pot. Big deal.

Also, as far as being embarrassed about EMTs "knowing" about an overdose, I'd prefer that to having some of the other stuff they must see every day. They are there to do their job, not judge people on their lifestyles.

Faye Fox likes this.
  2. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

You might enjoy his work, if not his choice of drink. See Jean Shepherd's America.and wonder if pot will replace beer in this vein,

Last edited: Jan 15, 2023
  3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I read a study out of China prior to Covid (where the drug research is done without influence of Big Pharma) on cannabinoids, and it showed very large differences in the binding of cannabinoids to receptors based largely on (apparently) genetics. Although all environmental influences could not be ruled out, cannabinoids were bound differently in different individuals and the manner in which biding took place could not be reliably predicted. They even found in some individuals, cannabinoids increased the risk of cancer while in others it appeared to reduce the risk of cancer. Impartial research has not and cannot be carried out in most Western countries, and much of the Chinese research is now censored by their government. Unless you grow your own and have experience with it, I would be very cautious about using any commercial cannabinoids over a long period.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I’m not trying to debate any particular point and so far as your or your husbands lifestyle, that’s none of my business.

The only perspective I can give are those of my own personal experiences with just about everything that didn’t have a needle attached to it immediately following my exit from Vietnam and the military.
    And, again writing from personal experience, if I smoked a joint and didn’t get where I wanted to go as in, get high, my dealer had a problem that he had to rectify in short form.

Now, when my dad was alive and smoking the good stuff, he said it was so his imagination would run better therefore making his woodworking more of an art form rather than a craft.
    So far as my opinion of it goes, he admitted he liked the high and it was better to see him in that condition than being continually plastered and abusive.

I guess smoking pot worked since his work was well known all over south Florida.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2023
    Don Alaska likes this.