Shooting In Boulder

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Martin Alonzo, Mar 23, 2021.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I agree 100%, although I've heard others (Mark Levin) get infuriated when people put forth this viewpoint. I'm ashamed to admit that I don't completely understand why Levin thinks the Convention could not be hijacked if it were convened for a specific issue.

If the Constitution truly governed and were enforced, we would not be having this conversation in the first place.

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  2. John Brunner

Regarding Congress' understanding of guns...

In February of 2007, Representative Carolyn McCarthy of the 4th District of New York introduced "The Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2007."

Here she is being interviewed and asked to define what an "assault weapon" is.

The sponsor of this bill admits--on camera--that she has no idea what she is talking about.
    "A barrel shroud is that shoulder thing that goes up."

3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

In line with that vein of thought, I posted a thread last night featuring R. Reagan and that video made me aware of one particular item I had not previously been exposed to and after some research, found it true.

Within the Federal government we have commissions, bureaus, committees et.al. that all have the ability to set regulations. Not law mind you but regulations.
    The example set that defines the difference between the two is that if a person breaks the law, he is innocent until proven guilty. On the other hand, if a person breaks a regulation he is guilty. Period. He can go to court and fight it but that’s all on his time and money.

By using the tool of setting regulations the Constitution of the United States can be bypassed and frankly, is. There are a gazillion law suits awaiting hearings in Federal Circuit Courts regarding regulations and until they are heard and found unconstitutional the regulations that the suits pertain to are still valid.

A very recent application of regulations can be seen throughout the CV pandemic. No church, businesses closed, masking mandates, no crowds (unless they’re breaking windows and stuff) etc. etc.

4. John Brunner

EPA is the king of bypassing our representative legislative process...enabled by a corrupt judiciary.

I believe that most cultures have a 2 century life (giver or take) because they are corrupt from the get-go, and this is how long it takes for the cumulative effect to bring the whole thing crashing down.

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  5. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

You agree with Mr. Jefferson.

Bobby Cole and John Brunner like this.
  6. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Sadly that is so true, but Mainers elected Collins even when we did have real elections, just like Murkowski form here, reported the most disliked person in Congress from either side of the aisle.

Bobby Cole and John Brunner like this.
  7. John Brunner

And as we all know, this is another reason why we have a Republic.

If people want to keep reelecting this kind of stuff, then they get what they deserve. Sadly, with an expanded Fed, WE get what they deserve.

Of course, a larger part of the problem is that competent honest people generally don't want a career in government.

8. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

The perfect example might be when a lawyer making a million or so a year runs to become a judge legally making 25% of what he was making. It’s all about power and power is the most corruptive element a human can pursue.
    With enough power a person can have every material thing of the flesh he or she wants.

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  9. John Brunner

Yup.

Which is why a limited government tends to minimize the value of holding office.

10. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Just on the internet this AM, a "copycat" person arrested:

Atlanta witness saw armed man in Publix bathroom, alerted manager
    "A sharp-eyed Instacart worker is getting credit for averting what could have been another awful crime in Atlanta, where a man brought body armor, ammunition and at least five guns into a grocery store."

A picture of the firearms he had is online, only with a vest. Now, he was carrying the AR in plain sight and nobody said anything until the worker saw the man in the restroom??? Apparently he didn't have all of the firearms with him in the restroom, but the story didn't disclose where the other firearms were located.

Don Alaska likes this.
  11. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

From what was stated by BPD, the guy had been racially teased weeks before the attack. Apparently the teasing took place in a classroom and the suspect jumped on the guy, took him to the floor and was intending to kill him (beating his face with his fists). Was the grocery store attack a "revenge" thing? Haven't heard today, but law enforcement is checking to see if he had anything to do with this King Soopers grocery store. He lived some 20 miles away from the store.

Then this thing happens in Atlanta. The copycat one.

12. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

If the guy in Atlanta is a Syrian Muslim then there might be some relationship to the other.

Now so far as the Boulder shooter being teased about his race days or weeks earlier, I do not recall whether or not it has been said that he was going to college.
    That said, I would like to know what his major was if he was indeed going to college. After all, he is 21 and living in a 800K+ home so I doubt if he was still in high school.

Here’s the guy who got arrested in Atlanta. Young, black but could be of Syrian decent. I can’t see the correlation. It appears as though he has a mask though which should count for something. Quite considerate of him really. Carry a load of guns but doesn’t want to spread or catch a virus.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    Don Alaska likes this.
  13. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

The mask is also used to make it more difficult to identify him, of course.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  14. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Like the tellers at my local bank?

Don Alaska likes this.
  15. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

A video explaining the after effects of the shooting and how the Democrats are trying to take advantage of the tragedy
    THE DEMONrats ARE COMING FOR YOUR GUNS [2021-03-27] - WHATS HER FACE (VIDEO)
    https://www.bitchute.com/video/MHTNrdNCPGwr/