Shots Fired At Trump Rally In Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Yvonne Smith, Jul 13, 2024.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Several witnesses said the second shooter on the water tower got away. Similar the the grassy knoll.

Yvonne Smith and Ken Anderson like this.
  2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Yesterday someone on another forum commented that one of the SS snipers had the guy in his scope before shots were fired, and was told to stand down. I searched for verification, and only found it mentioned in what appeared to be a Saudi website and on a podcaster's video saying "I verified this on ChatGPT, so I know it's true." So I didn't pass it on.

A quick search now shows it being mentioned as "False" in an AP News article. NBC says that the SS hesitated because they could not tell if the guy was a spectator or if he was armed (which is B.S., given the scopes those guys have.)

One would think that if there were truly a policy to give the bad guy a free shot, Prince would have delved into it more rather that mention it in passing. And it would be all over the web. It really makes no sense.

Don Alaska likes this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

That suggests that it's probably true. Maybe we should wait for Snopes to weigh in.

John Brunner likes this.
  4. John Brunner

I think the "SS must not fire first" statement has been reliably refuted.

Don Alaska likes this.
  5. John Brunner

What the Hell, did he fly off??? It's gotta take several minutes to climb down one of those things.

6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Has Snopes made a decision on that one?

Don Alaska likes this.
  7. John Brunner

Snopes has a 7 year Truth Delay.

Bobby Cole, Tom Galty and Don Alaska like this.
  8. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Dan Bongino, who was once a Secret Service agent, said in an interview that his sources told him that many of the SS agents had been pulled form Trump's detail and DHS agents from other areas had been substituted. Don't know if it is true, but it sure would go a long way to explain the incompetence shown at the Trump rally. The videos in real time now show spectators shouting for a full two minutes that there was a shooter on the roof, and several shots were fired before the snipers took any action.

9. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

[​IMG]

Tony Page and Nancy Hart like this.
  10. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Just a note on the phone thing:
    If I remember correctly, back in 2015 a shooter (Rizwan Farouk) in San Bernardino threw his phone in a pond and when the FBI (I think) retrieved it they couldn’t unlock it.
    They asked Apple for a passcode and Apple refused to release or develop one for fear that it could potentially harm the security for all their products.

I do not know if or when the FBI was able to unlock Farook’s phone but one would think that after such an event happened by radicalized jihadists that the FBI would have set up a system by which all phones of any type could be unlocked.

Tony Page and John Brunner like this.
  11. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

i call this..."divine earivention"....and
    I don't believe the shooter is who they say...yeah...say they identified him through his dna...20 year old ...less than 3 hours...musta been a small data base to search...for DNA of young man that would've had no record of dna..hmm..
    ....wonder where the picture of them removing shooters body is..robot removal?

Tony Page and John Brunner like this.
  12. John Brunner

Bongino has come out and stated that Secret Service snipers have not been instructed to wait for gunfire before shooting, but I don't know how much knowledge he has of the current leadership's direction. He may just be talking about his legacy experience.

And having the B Team on the very day there is this attempt is not a coincidence.

13. Jacob Petersheim

Jacob Petersheim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

14. John Brunner

I can't find any current articles on the subject, but back then the FBI went to an Australian security company who figured out a way to attempt as many password guesses as were required without triggering the phone's Erase function. Article here. But the Operating System has changed a lot since then, so Apple may have closed this back door.

Just yesterday I caught a comment on another forum (discussing this current situation) that there's "a way" to set a long passcode (Apple standard is 6 characters) and have the phone auto-erase as soon as someone attempts a 6 character passcode. This is not a standard menu item that a novice can "just do."

Don Alaska and Tony Page like this.
  15. Vada Bloom

Vada Bloom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

There's an article out saying the FBI accessed Crooks' phone last night, for whatever that's worth. It doesn't mean that we will ever know what, if anything, is on it.

The longer this goes the more convinced I am that this is likely a government operation. It takes longer to cover your tracks than it does to actually investigate. I also realize that the longer the SS and FBI fumble and bumble instead of providing information the more conspiracy theories will grow and the less people will trust anything they do say if they ever say anything.

It was probably an iPhone and Apple is famous for not cooperating with the spooks.