Should George Santos Be Removed From Office?

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Beth Gallagher, Jan 11, 2023.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

What the heck? Did no one think to vet and verify his credentials before he was elected to the House? I see that they are calling for him to resign and he responded with a resounding "NO." How can he be removed and how will this affect the slim Republican majority? Will there have to be a special election to replace him? Surely he cannot be allowed to remain in office.

Leaders of the Nassau County Republican Party on Wednesday called for Rep. George Santos, elected to represent New York’s 3rd Congressional District in November, to resign from office over his lies to voters and fabrications about his personal life.

“Today, on behalf of the Nassau County Republican Committee, I’m calling for his immediate resignation,” chairman Joseph G. Cairo said at a news conference on Long Island. He was joined by a slate of local party officials and, remotely from Washington, DC, Republican Rep. Anthony D’Esposito, who also called for Santos to step down.

Cairo said the congressman’s campaign was made up “of deceit, lies and fabrication.”

“He deceived voters,” Cairo said. “His lies were not mere fibs. He disgraced the House of Representatives … He’s not welcome here at Republican headquarters.”

2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

That is the way politicians operate. What makes him so different? Is he a Trump supporter and thus must be removed?

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Beth Gallagher

Registered

No; he has lied about everything from his financials to his education. He seems like a real piece of work.

4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

In DC, we call those "skillz."

It's almost laughable to hear anyone talk about "disgracing Congress."

Shirley Martin likes this.
  5. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Make him the chairman of the committees that were headed by the lying Democrats. He can't be any worse. ;):)

Attached Files:

6. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I feel there should be some integrity left. I seem to be in the minority.

I also believe that committees should be bipartisan. Those morons need to learn to work together instead of tearing this nation apart.

John Brunner likes this.
  7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I'm fairly certain that's true of most political campaigns, and I am almost entirely certain that they are allowed to lie to us. If the threshold for having to save receipts is $200.00 and he spent $199.99, I'd say he's good to go. If he's required to keep receipts for $199.99 expenditures, then the threshold should be set at $199.99. True enough, it's cause for suspicion but suspicion isn't a crime by itself. Besides, Joseph G. Cairo has his own scandals to deal with.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2023
  8. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I don't believe these are simply suspicions; the guy is a bald-faced liar. He lied about his education, his "Jewish" heritage, his finances, etc... all verified as fabrication. I just don't understand why they didn't vet him or investigate before the election. I know that people love the excuse that "everyone is doing it," but isn't it time to try to put some integrity back into our government?

I don't want to see any Republican unseated, but this guy is a total LIAR and doesn't even seem apologetic about it. I suppose any semblance of moral principles has finally circled the drain. Remember when people had the good graces to be humiliated by their own bad behavior?

9. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

If any politician spoke a word of truth they choke on their words. I have become cynical about so many things anymore.

Beth Gallagher likes this.