Shows That Complete In One Episode

Discussion in 'Movies & Entertainment' started by Charlene Marolf, Jan 4, 2023.

1. Charlene Marolf

Charlene Marolf Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for a suggestion for a good show. I like shows that have stories that are complete in an episode. I read online that those are usually called an anthology, but most of what I've found are horror shows. I'm not opposed to those, but I'm looking for something different. I don't mind an ongoing backstory, but I'm hoping to find something that is done after I watch one show.

I'd sure love to hear some input. TV seems to be my big source of entertainment, my one big splurge. I seem to watch a lot. I really didn't intend to be a tv watcher, but my house is pretty clean. I'm quite a homebody, so I'm sitting on my patootie looking for good television.

Joe Riley likes this.
  2. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Do you have prime, or youtube available, or netflix ? I do not recommend any of them, but I have used all of them at times, over the last year and this year.

It is awkward finding a movie or a tv show that is not ,,,, well, ,, promoting evil.... but there are some less problematic than others, eh ?

3. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The closest I have found to what you describe are some of the shows included with this streaming app. They are all native language shows and series with subtitles. There are some really excellent shows. I think it’s 7 or 8 dollars per month, cancel at any time.

Also, we’ve been rewatching “House”. Interesting show if you’ve never seen it. It fits your description. “Motive” is another one if you can find it.

click me
    https://mhzchoice.com/

4. Jane Carlson

Jane Carlson Well-Known Member
    Registered

Chicago PD
    Chicago Fire
    911 Lonestar
    Law and Order
    Law and Order SVU
    Reruns of Criminal Minds
    All have a continuing backstory but the main story line is completed in one episode. Hope you like crime shows!

5. Charlene Marolf

Charlene Marolf Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

@Thomas Windom I have watched a few episodes of House. It is a good show, and I should check out the rest. Thank you, that's a good one.

@Jane Carlson Those are good suggestions! Have you watched Chicago Med? That's one I've seen that's pretty good. I think I've seen 911, I'll have to check and see if that's what I'm thinking of.

Thomas Windom likes this.
  6. Jane Carlson

Jane Carlson Well-Known Member
    Registered

I haven't watched Chicago Med yet. I'll have to give it a try!

Charlene Marolf likes this.