Sick Again

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Ken Anderson, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I just got over the flu a little more than a week ago, and now I've been in bed again all day today. I just came from the ER, where they assure me that I don't have a strangulated hernia, which is what I thought was going on, having had that before. I'll have to see my regular doctor again tomorrow but, meanwhile, I still feel like I'm dying. I am tired of being sick.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  2. Harrison Greenberg

Harrison Greenberg Veteran Member
    Registered

I know how you feel. Last month was terrible for me, I was getting sickness after sickness. I hope you have a safe and very very quick recovery soon!

3. Betty Johnstone

Betty Johnstone Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm sorry to hear you are sick again, Ken. This seems to be a very bad season for recurring bouts of the flu and colds. I'm really glad you don't have a strangulated hernia, though...that sounds really painful. Take care and get well quick!!

4. Val Carey

Val Carey Veteran Member
    Registered

It's never good to hear someone is going through a bad patch, I hope you will soon be on the road back to good health Ken.

5. Jenn Windey

Jenn Windey Supreme Member
    Registered

I think I hate more then anything feeling sick and going to the ER just so they can tell you that your not going to die, Go home. I guess there is some strain of the flu going around that does seem to give people terrible stomach pain, makes them vomit and stuff. A friend of mine had it, the good news is he was up and at them in about 36 hours. You are smart Ken, take time to rest and let the body do the work it needs to. If more people did that we would not have as many widespread illnesses.

6. Ken Anderson

I just got over the flu a couple of weeks ago. This seems to be something else but they don't know what yet. I'll be back in the hospital tomorrow morning for further tests. I just wanted to explain why I haven't been around so much lately. I hope to return soon.

7. Joss Brown

Joss Brown Veteran Member
    Registered

Wishing you a speedy recovery. I know that it sucks to be sick. Hopefully, it's nothing serious.

I hate being sick. Fortunately, I'm glad that I don't get sick very often. The downside is that when I get sick I become very annoying and very irritable..

8. Ken Anderson

I was a paramedic for 20+ years. In the mid-1990s, I got a hernia lifting a patient. It became strangulated, causing me to blow up like the girl that turned into a blueberry on Willy Wonka. I was operated on at a little hospital on the Texas-Mexico border, where they did a horrible job, cutting my entire abdomen open and didn't even repair the hernia. In the process, I caught a drug-resistant bacteria that required a designer antibiotic. I was in the hospital, receiving nothing by mouth, for six weeks, and then had to take six antibiotics per day, at $200 apiece, for ten days.

I was -- am -- afraid that this is what has occurred again although, if so, it's not nearly as bad as before. I had a CT-Scan this morning, so I will find out either today or tomorrow, probably, whether I have to go under the knife again or whether there is something else that is wrong. Meanwhile, I haven't had solid food for four days, or a desire for it. I am not feeling so bad today, except for some abdominal pain, so I don't know how the ferocious headache, join pains, and fever fit into the scenario.

9. Ken Anderson

Okay, the results are in. I'm not dead yet.

10. Jenn Windey

Jenn Windey Supreme Member
    Registered

Are you sure Ken? :rolleyes:

11. Ken Anderson

My doctor assures me that I'm not. I don't hurt right now, so I thought maybe she was wrong.

12. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

Ken I am glad you are not dead yet. But in the meantime take good care of yourself. Drink lots of liquids and get some rest.

13. Ken Anderson

This seems to be a regular thing with me this winter. Although I just had the flu not so long ago, I feel very much as if I have it again. I have been sick with one thing or another all winter, and I am tired of it. Please excuse my absence from the forum.

14. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Some people will use any old excuse to get out of having to shovel snow.......

Couldn't resist that one, Ken.
    Take care of yourself, and get to feeling better. We will all try to behave and not tear the forum up while you are gone.

15. Richard Paradon

Richard Paradon Supreme Member
    Registered