Sick And Evil

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Martin Alonzo, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Nancy Knudson and Frank Sanoica like this.
  2. Martin Alonzo

Registered

[​IMG]

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

· 9h
    Senate Democrats just voted against legislation to prevent the killing of newborn infant children. The Democrat position on abortion is now so extreme that they don’t mind executing babies AFTER birth....

[​IMG]

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

....This will be remembered as one of the most shocking votes in the history of Congress. If there is one thing we should all agree on, it’s protecting the lives of innocent babies.

Yvonne Smith and Don Alaska like this.
  3. Martin Alonzo

Registered

If a baby is born alive, doesn't he/she have AUTOMATIC entitlement as a human being to life saving measures?

If a baby is born alive, isn't it MURDER to kill him/her?

Why was this bill ever needed? Don't drs take the Hippocratic oath to save lives?

All six of the Democratic senators currently running for the 2020 presidential nomination voted against the bill: Cory Booker (N.J.), Sherrod Brown (Ohio), Kirsten Gillibrand (N.Y.), Kamala Harris (Calif.), Amy Klobuchar (Minn.), and Elizabeth Warren (Mass.), along with Independent Bernie Sanders of Vermont.

How can they justify this?

Babs Hunt likes this.
  4. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

Trump needs a course in Reading Comprehension, but if he took it, his new knowledge might upset his base. From your own link, Martin, very first paragraph: "By a vote of 53-44, the Senate has failed to pass the Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act, which would have required doctors to provide medical care to infants born alive after an attempted abortion procedure........(Later in same article)...In other words, the born-alive bill would’ve done nothing more than insist that health-care providers treat children born alive after attempted abortions the same way that they’d treat any other infant."

Says nothing about killing. Says everything about allowing natural death to occur. That is not the same thing. Not offering my opinion here, so don't assume one. Just asking people stop getting hysterical and calmly discuss the real issue, not the one you fabricated to fit your point of view.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    Bill Boggs likes this.
  5. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

:: removed personal attack :: Martin and other of his ilk know full well that the legislation says nothing even near what they are purporting. FULL WELL. How ever saying the truth would interfere with their agenda of lies and disinformation. Just as with the Jussie meme I objected to the other day,truth has no bearing on the agenda. Spew as many lies as possible, knowing there are more than a few willfully ignorant people that will take up the banner of deceit and run with it. And many genuinely stupid people that will believe and continue to spread the tale!
    Any body up for more pizza parlor child trafficking?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2019
  6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Brilliant Lulu and Renfro!! Absolutely brilliant!
    I think I might just love the way things are going! All around the city there are so many hospitals and doctors that a person could walk from one edge of town to the other on the roofs of hospitals and doctor’s offices.
    I think it’s high time that we simply do away with all of them because after all, if someone is sick it means that either they are going to get well or head for the casket. There shouldn’t be any need for a doctor’s help to get better because if you’re going to die it’s just the way it is isn’t it?
    Matter of fact, most people if not all on this very forum should actually be pushing up daisies by now which to me, means that somehow we’ve managed to do something unnatural like asking someone to help save our lives! We should quit being so self centered and selfish and die. It would be so much better for the population explosion if everyone who was sick simply rolled over and allow nature to take it’s course. It might even save the planet against global warming!!

I’ll even take it one stretch further. I think it should be illegal to even try to help a loved one to live. If it looks like they’re at death’s door, let them die. It’s the natural thing to do and think of it: we wouldn’t even have to build more homes or worry about food any longer because there would be plenty of everything for those who do not get sick to the point of knocking on death’s door.

No more vaccinations, no more heart monitors and no more flu shots. Let ‘em die: that’s my new motto!
    A person gets in a car wreck, let em die. A person gets pneumonia, let em die. Someone gets something stuck in their windpipe? Let em die because after all, a person should be eating that fast anyway.
    Yup, from the birth canal to wherever in life a person is, let nature take it’s course and whoever lives wins the lottery ticket. All others pay a different price brought on by indifference and self indulgence.

After all, I’m the only one who counts. All others can die.

7. Lulu Moppet

Registered

"I’ll even take it one stretch further." That's the problem.

8. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

What problem? The one that says we stopped caring about life or the one that says that our personal life is the only life we truly care about.
    Or maybe, the jaded effect that society has always adapted itself to in relation to what life means and how much it means?

I’m by no means “hysterical” nor even really care any longer about who does what to whom or even how they do it.
    It’s the same thing day after day: adaptation to adoption. We adapt to things we could not tolerate in the past and later adopt that way of life as our own.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  9. Bob Kirk

Bob Kirk Veteran Member
    Registered

The point I think is the crux of the thread is democrats voting down a bill that protects a life after a botched abortion. Why democrats go from protecting a life to extending this to a woman's choice to abort a viable life makes no sense to me. Abortion like Joni Ernst points out makes clear it is a separate issue.

Quote from URL in post #1

"My colleagues across the aisle are debating a bill that’s not in front of us. They are talking about health care for women, which is abortion,” said Joni Ernst (R., Iowa). “This bill does not address abortion. . . . What this bill does is address the health care of a baby that is born alive after a botched abortion. We’re not talking about abortion, folks. We’re talking about the life of a child that is born.”

I'm pro woman's choice to decide since circumstances vary. But getting an abortion botched or not when there is a viable life doesn't seem right to me when there are options for care after it's born.

Martin Alonzo likes this.
  10. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Wow, talk about hysterical. Why is it necessary insult others to try to make your point?

Trump's remark about killing newborn babies is typical rhetoric, and off the mark when compared with the language of the legislation. Personally I do not agree with late term abortion and can't imagine any doctor allowing a viable infant to die, but that's my opinion.

11. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

What hysteria? There was a post made that completely and willfully missed the point of the legislation. There was a post made that will fully and wrongly disseminated false information! Objection to an untruth is now hysteria?
    Why is pointing out anothers misinformation an insult or attack?
    ALL THAT IS NECESSARY FOR EVIL TO THRIVE IS FOR GOOD MEN TO REMAIN SILENT!

Nancy Hart likes this.
  12. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Maybe a few more all caps and exclamation points will do it.

13. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Then, by those same infamous words, I guess that it is not okay if someone who has the ability to help sustain life stand by and watch a living being die.
    Either way the doctor gets paid to stand there or do something so why not just stand there. it’s so much easier and have you seen some of the malpractice insurance rates? I mean, if someone did try to save a life in question and messed it up, he or she would be sued for an immeasurable amount of money and then his practice rates would go up.
    Like I wrote: “ Let em die.”. We who are living are far more important than those who haven’t really started to live life now aren’t we?

And oh yeah, the only hysteria I have read so far are those who are writing in capital and bold type. Isn’t that called yelling?
    Again, I don’t care. Yell all ya want and accuse people of being emotional about their beliefs all you want. It’s only words and no matter how we feel, it’s not going to effect anything at all because man’s inhumanity to man will always will out.

Martin Alonzo likes this.
  14. Lulu Moppet

Registered

Why are you all assuming the life born is viable? Sometimes it might be, sometimes it might not. There are babies actually born this way who were aborted because they had no brain, no lungs, nothing that would sustain life after a few minutes or an hour after birth. This is not uncommon for a later than 5 month abortion--something is horribly wrong. I know of several examples which I don't care to repeat except to say the parents desperately wanted their child. It is sad beyond belief. Tragic, in fact.

Joy Martin likes this.
  15. Martin Alonzo

Registered

The legislation was that if the infant is alive it need protection like you would give any human being. When you start saying is it viable sounds like the genocide that has been practice around the world.