Sinus Problems

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Marie Mallery, Sep 14, 2022.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I have been dealing with my sinus stuffy and sore throat for about a week now. It may be Covid ,don't know but don't plan on testing either. Hubby has it too but he seems better today.

Anyone else have allergy or head colds?

2. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

it's been high and dry here...except for early mornings when the heavy dew carries the creosote insecticide over from the soy bean fields...
    I run a little portable air conditioner rather than humidifier...coz...it doesn't need distilled water...helps bunches

Marie Mallery likes this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, Marie, we do have four Covid 19 tests that we got in the mail. Haven't used any yet, but, if need be, definitely would. And, a couple of nights ago, we got our Senior High Dose Flu shot at Walmart. Get it each year without fail. Like the Covid 19 shots and Boosters, it won't stop us from getting the flu, but we won't end up in the ICU on a respirator either.

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Actually, we have three humidifiers. One small one and two bigger ones. We use distilled water in each. Will be getting the two big ones out of our storage shortly and using one in living room and the other in bedroom.

Marie Mallery and Teresa Levitt like this.
  5. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I sure do! I have sinus and allergies for most of my life.:mad: Spring and Fall almost always gets me a sinus infection. Sometimes it is bad and sometimes not. I have been dealing with a sore throat and headache for a few days now. Headache is gone but I still have a tad of a sore throat. I'm using my Nettie pot, salt gargle rinse, taking a spoon full of honey, a few drops of rubbing alcohol and vinegar in my ears, and of course drinking lots and lots of water and hot tea with lemon and honey.

6. Marie Mallery

Registered

I don't usually have sinus problem's but this one is bad. I was up all-night goggling and flushing my nose and still doing it today, last time a few minutes ago.:eek:. I usually just act as if but this is not working anymore.

Krystal Shay likes this.
  7. Marie Mallery

Registered

I've been using those too plus the Vicks Steam Inhaler with a mask that goes over your face.

8. Marie Mallery

Registered

@Mary Stetler ,

Up until last night I coughed all night long, no sleep for almost a week before this crap hit us. I think we got it at grocery store, but it was real bad, Hubby had the worst of it first ,then me.

9. Marie Mallery

Registered

I thin k it is something going around because my daughter's family and friend family who live in Georgia had and have same thing, From 6 to 72, my 6-year-old great grandchild is sick with it now.

PS, we are both better now last night I slept all night long, and cough not as bad as has been.

10. Marie Mallery

Registered

Hubby and I are skipping chores now, but we just feel weak so not much gets done.

11. Marie Mallery

Registered

I know I have a thread up about this new illness going around but I want to warn yall, this isn't like any sinus attack we've ever had, and we got sick after grocery store trip.
    Just be cautious while in public. Take care

12. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Everything is bad for us old people, I still remain pretty tolerant and don't catch colds but maybe sinus problems. My age is creeping up on me and I sometimes can't spend much time after getting up before I have to take a nap to get my energy level back up. There are less and less people wearing mask now but it took a while even here in the country for everyone to start to be normal again. The liberals are itching to get it cranked up before NOV so they can keep you at home on election day. With so many non-vetted foreigners entering the country thanks to that criminal in the WH it wouldn't surprise me to see a lot of bio stuff unleashed.

13. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

There is a new COVID strain (BA.4.6) going around (been detected in England), although this is said to not have serious symptoms.

The son of an acquaintance works for the CDC in a high-level position and he picked up something that has his mother pretty concerned. It sounds like the guy is very ill...it's settled in his chest. He lives in Maryland but thinks he got it while in Kansas. Since he's in that CDC position, he's hyper-vaxxed. I've not spoken to her directly so don't know if her son put forth an opinion as to what he's got.

The non-vetted foreigners ARE the bio stuff that's getting unleashed. They are bringing in diseases we have had under control. Polio is on the rise here. The CDC says these cases are "vaccine-derived."

Last edited: Sep 19, 2022
  14. Marie Mallery

Registered

John, I had a panic attack from hell tonight and didn't know if it was this crap or the anxiety that made me so breathless., But talking to friends and family in Georgia even the little kids there are getting it and some adults get sicker first sinus then to the chest and lungs,
    All of the friends' kid's and grandkids are vaccinated, none of the daughters family., Point is the vac ones took the test it was negative. and the unvax didn't but doing better since I ;ast talked to daughters who went o na reip be back in morning.

15. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I'm so sorry this is all happening. We are intentionally being overwhelmed. You are not alone in this.

I bought a sinus spray that is supposed to flush out viruses (ones that contain either Nitric oxide, grapefruit seed, or xylitol), as well as mouthwash that is supposed to also clear out this stuff (most drug store mouthwashes contain cetylpyridinium chloride...I bought Crest brand.) I guess I better get into the habit of using them for a while whenever I go out.

Did you say the vaxxed ones in your family tested negative for COVID? I wonder what this crap is. I can't find anything online in general or on the CDC website about a bad flu going around.