Sitting In A Hot Seat.

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Ina I. Wonder, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Mari North , the game section was a good idea.

Now to play we can volunteer and/or nominate someone to sit in the hot seat. And, because we're a small forum I don't think the time set for each person should exceed one day. We get to ask you questions, and you have to answer as best you can, and you always have the right to say you refuse to answer without explanation. I think if we start in the middle of the day, that would give the person in the Hot Seat a break at night, and the questioners time to regrouped and come up with more pertinent questions.

It's a good way to get to know more about each other, and to see what interest each of us.

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, this is a good place for it, @Ina I. Wonder. I'm thinking about the best time to start so that Terry and Holly and Kadee and anybody else that's interested and is not in the US can play. I know Terry is on here my very early morning til about 9 am my time, then he goes and watches a movie with Lisa. Maybe we should get Mari to be the first volunteer since she will be leaving on her trip.

3. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

I will start a thread tomorrow in the Happy Talk section so everyone sees it and can join the list then revert to the Games section.

4. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

One day is a very short frame of time, due to the time differences of everyone here..I think you should change it to 2 days ..simply because, for example a few of us still work, and by the time we've seen the questions, it could be more than 24 hours....the day could have completely gone...and we've missed out on answering ..

Also the games threads are blocked by so many people, that it might not be the best place to put it....just sayin'..:cool:

On other forums where I've seen this played it's usually placed in 'general discussions'.

The idea is that first you ask everyone to volunteer to answer questions in the 'hot seat'...then wait for a list of names and and then you begin with the first person on the list...announcing a starting day...

The thread will then say ''Ina in the hot seat''....then 2 days later..Chrissy in the hot seat...etc..

One question per member..to give everyone a chance to ask a question..and for the hot seater to reply...they can choose to reply immediately to each question as they are asked, or choose to reply in batches...

At the end of the hot seat period (eg 2 days)..the person hosting will announce that it's now the last day of XXX hot seat questions and as from tomorrow ...YYY will be in the hot seat until ''Thursday midnight) and then number 3 on the list PPP will be in the hot seat ...and so it goes on...

Not telling you how to do it @Ina I. Wonder :D just really trying to explain to everyone else how it works ..

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Sounds like a plan to me...ok, @Ina I. Wonder? Terry just reminded me while we were talking elsewhere that some might have games blocked, so a post needs to be made in Happy Talk.

Was posting the same time you were, Holly. Yes, I agree.

Ruby Begonia and Kate Ellery like this.
  6. Terry Page

Registered

Yes but if the question threads are put anywhere but the Games section they will flood the New post/recent posts pages like the Games did and upset anyone not interested

7. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

..caught between a rock and a hard place really Terry because a lot of people prefer to have the games blocked..

8. Terry Page

Registered

If you sign up to the Hot Seat list the individual threads will be in the Games section and interested members can sign up to get notifications, keeping the main pages free

Ruby Begonia and Chrissy Cross like this.
  9. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Chissy Page , @Terry Page , @Holly Saunders ,

All good points, and I agree with all suggestions. I was just trying to get us out of the Good Morning thread. Who do you think we should get as a monitor? @Ken Anderson , @Joe Riley , any ideas on this part? Maybe the person leaving the Hot Seat can call for the change over? We're such a small group that I'll all for whatever we can arrange.

Holly Saunders and Chrissy Cross like this.
  10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Lol, the Hot Seat is a Hot Mess!

I'll let you guys figure out the details...whatever you decide will be good with me. I'm easy. :)

Holly Saunders likes this.
  11. Terry Page

Registered

Chrissy brought this up so she should run it lol

12. Terry Page

Registered

If the Page family start it off we cover the 24 hour time span, then rotate it every so many days or a week?

13. Terry Page

Registered

download (19).jpg

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  14. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

OK, just so nobody asks me how old I am or how much I weigh. :D

15. Terry Page

Registered

Those are both compulsory questions Shirley ;)