Sluggish Bowels, From Young Person To Now

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Joy Martin, Mar 27, 2022.

1. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

I just talked to my daughter, she is 56, and has a history of stomach issues, stress from marriage is a big one....and as a young girl she took a lot of laxatives as many young gals did for weight loss "sheet".....and says this Oxy Detox is a miracle in her and her daughter's lives....the daughter messed up her stomach going vegan....a mistake from being exposed to the stuff at college....

I asked her how I should take my first dose and I feel better now when I do take it...

She's had no problems and just good clean light feelings..

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I've occasionally had gastric problems such as an immediate bowel movement after eating...almost exclusively when eating out (so it's probably fat-related.) It's not hit me for years, and suddenly it's started up again. Stress (recognized and otherwise) plays a large role for me in this.

The only other issue I've had was protracted stomach problems in 2017 when I lost my health insurance and couldn't get it attended to. When I got my insurance reinstated I had a battery of tests, to include a CT scan with the barium drink and a colonoscopy (with its attendant cleansing) just a couple of days later. After months and months of suffering, the day after the colonoscopy I could tell that the problem had gone away. My stomach had residual discomfort from all that time of being upset, but I could tell that whatever the underlying issue was, it had vanished. I think the barium drink and/or the cleansing flushed out some bad bacteria. The gastroenterologist pooh-pooed the idea and called it a coincidence.

That's interesting that your granddaughter thinks she goofed up her system with a vegan diet. Much of the stuff I've read blames gastric problems on modern Americans for drifting away from that type of diet. But "vegan" can mean different things to different people. I went meatless for 6 months and the worse that happened to me was the pain and discomfort as I adapted back to eating beef again.

Don Alaska likes this.
  3. Joy Martin

Registered

some young people can be so guilable, living in a dorm with a bunch of girls and trying "fads"...she gained a lot of weight from that experience...but they think they know it all.....the techies....love her but amazing she knows it all. No I was not like this at her age nor any age actually, I'm always willing to listen to new things and then make a decision.

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  4. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

It depends on what you eat in terms of fiber. There is soluble fiber and insoluble fiber. I found that whole wheat and bran cause me constipation. It sits in the large intestine and ferments causing gas, bloating and hard stools, so I have learned to avoid insoluble fiber foods.

Nancy Hart and Don Alaska like this.
  5. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

It could be a wheat sensitivity as well. Insoluble fiber will always cause bloating and gas until the intestinal flora adjust. In some, it never adjusts. Does psyllium cause the same reaction? If it occurs with bran but not with psyllium, I would suspect it is a wheat sensitivity; if the symptoms persist after an adjustment period with psyllium as well, then the insoluble fiber is not moving through your system correctly as you suspect.

6. Joy Martin

Registered

Lbs of Poop People Carry Thru Their Lives: And then there are the obese, omg

https://articles.perfectorigins.com/much-poop-trapped-body/

I thought I got a little lesson on soluable and insoluable fiber and was told psyllium is soluable after I got some and took it for 3 days and got more blocked than before I started with it.:eek:

7. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

quick search reference first result, not vetted >
    "March 9, 2021 - Some research has shown that consuming 7.9 grams of psyllium per day (plus or minus 3.6 grams) with probiotics is a safe and effective way to treat Crohn’s disease. However, other results show soluble fiber like psyllium can make symptoms worse for some people."

Don Alaska and Joy Martin like this.
  8. Joy Martin

Registered

Well with Chrons psyllium this can help these people.

9. Jeff Elohim

Registered

It is likely , or possible, that the studies do not appropriately take into account dehydration or leaky gut or toxins, solvents, or drugs that harm the normal flora / stomach/ intestines.
    Around three decades ago I met and heard of several people who recovered their health without too much trouble, OUTSIDE of the druglords umbrella of control - i.e. naturally.

https://www.healthline.com/health/psyllium-health-benefits#laxative

"People with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and Crohn’s disease are all too familiar with bowel irregularity. The results of studies on psyllium’s effectiveness in treating these conditions are still mixed."
    "March 9, 2021 - Some research has shown that consuming 7.9 grams of psyllium per day (plus or minus 3.6 grams) with probiotics is a safe and effective way to treat Crohn’s disease. However, other results show soluble fiber like psyllium can make symptoms worse for some people."

10. Joy Martin

Registered

Well, the product arrived and I'll start with it tonight or early tomorrow morning...if taken at night one has to take extra water and I could be up peeing more, so the company said OK to take it early AM, two hrs before food and do the extra water of course... They are really helpful and supportive. ;):)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2022
    Don Alaska likes this.
  11. Joy Martin

Registered

Report after first day taking Oxy Powder caps, I feel a couple lbs lighter today so far and lighter overall in my being.

Going to eat a burger/fries lunch and will go from there. I don't plan to take Oxy today...am learning to work with it and the co mpany is very helpful as are all the reviews I've read....

Don Alaska likes this.
  12. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

It occurred to me last night that perhaps I was talking about different things than others. The intestine does indeed contain waste matter and undigested food, but that is normal as long as it is slowly moving. I have heard stories of John Wayne and Elvis and others carrying "pounds of extra waste". John Wayne had cancer and Elvis was a drug addict, both conditions can cause abnormal "waste management". I remember the creepy guy several decades ago advertising his "Dual Action Cleanse" on infomercials on TV. He was selling a psyllium-Senna mixture that would move things along well in most people, but I suspect taking Senna long term would cause issues. He used the "undigested waste" argument in his commercials.

13. Jeff Elohim

Registered

14. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That's how cereal became popular.

Yvonne Smith and Don Alaska like this.
  15. Joy Martin

Registered

All I can say is that this Stuff works and this coming from a long time constipation clogged blocked digestive issue person....I'm on it 2 days and boy have I been cleaned out. Learning how much to take for your issues and what you are consuming and how long one has issues is the KEY. Time is something I have to find the right combo.

I don't eat heavy meals anymore anyway and when I do like yesterday, burger and fries, I knew how much I wanted to take this morning. I do my sessions in the mornings as one has to drink a lot of water and I don't want to be up more at night peeing.....so I can handle more peeing during the day...

And yes I've heard about Elvis et al. ,

Don Alaska likes this.