Sluggish Bowels, From Young Person To Now

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Joy Martin, Mar 27, 2022.

1. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh I'll add here that a good friend has been doing coffee enemas for many years and I tried but never pulled them off. She can't do them now as she can't get down and up due to a nasty hip. But she said all the years of of C.E.'s No Pain in her body.

It's fear and a big money maker. Pharma and all their lies lies lies and made up ideas for the people to buy their stuff.

They could be offering so much other type info on getting cleaned out, but they don't.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2022
    John Brunner likes this.
  2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

So have you noticed what amounts to a huge amount of feces that would cause you to say "That looks like about 30 normal bowel movements' worth"? I'm just wondering if you've seen physical manifestation of "pounds of waste." It would have to fill (overflow) the toilet and likely put you in an extreme amount of pain as you have what amounts to many many bowel movements in one session.

I'm glad you are more comfortable, but at some point there's gotta be substantiation of the marketing hype. This is a physical thing we're talking about here that's only got one place to go.

Bobby Cole and Beth Gallagher like this.
  3. John Brunner

The best part of waking up...

4. Joy Martin

Registered

No overflowing of toilet but I do believe Millions have extra lbs in the body due to clogged colin. And so much depends on what I eat on the days. More fiber more movements. This is my story and my body and how it's all working for me. I've lived a lot of years with issues.

It's so good FOR ME to take no more stool softeners and no more mag and more Vit C and various alternative type herbal laxatves. And then there is the prune world and prune juice. My mom was always eating and drinking prune juice.

I'm 84 soon and I know my history.

Marie Mallery and John Brunner like this.
  5. Ron Beforee

Ron Beforee Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Am going to have a 'comfort-height' 3 " flush toilet installed just for those reasons .... mostly the weak hip thing.

Don Alaska likes this.
  6. Ron Beforee

Registered

One or two of the sites I read, concerning the above , hinted at the fact that these were done under controlled conditions , under the guidance of a doc, and offered with follow-up meds, if needed ???

Well since ya mentioned it ....... I started my Friday the 13th [with] one of those overflowing toilet situations. No need for details .... you get the picture .... it wasn't pleasant .

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  7. John Brunner

I saw reference to a 20 year old study done using coffee enemas on pancreatic cancer patients. Results were promising, while the lack of control groups on the study caused criticism...yet I saw no follow-up. There's lots of conclusions any of us could draw from that.

I worked with a guy who was rushed to the hospital because of an impacted colon, but that was not due to years of waste building up, it was due to a whole list of potential current health issues.

I hesitate to take a side on this stuff (like a routine cleansing) because I've hit that age where I see doctors on a more routine basis than I ever have in my life and--in conjunction with "current issues"--my trust level is low, but I've also seen enough infomercials to be a skeptic on health conditions solely fabricated to sell a cure.

They say the older you get, the more you realize how little you really know. My problem is I realize how few I can trust, and how uncertain I am of what I thought I knew.

Marie Mallery and Don Alaska like this.
  8. Ron Beforee

Registered

" I've also seen enough infomercials to be a skeptic on health conditions solely fabricated to sell a cure."

IMO, half or more of the conditions & cures we see in TV commercials are fabricated .... sell,sell,sell !

John Brunner likes this.
  9. Joy Martin

Registered

I have the opposite on doc visits as I've gotten older, I see my Integrative MD once a year to check in, that will be coming up in a couple weeks.

I've done many years on "healing myself" and staying out of docs... They will always find something wrong even you are fine. They try to anyway.

On the riser for the toilet, I got one from a medical supply store probably 15 yrs ago when my hip started to give me issues. It's great to have the height and not stress sitting down or getting up.

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  10. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

We do something similar, @Nancy Hart . Bobby eats bunches of meat, and not as much fiber foods as I do, but since I moved to more of the plant-based diet, with very little meat and heavy animal proteins, I have not had elimination difficulties.
    The foods you are suggesting are all high-fiber foods, and that is probably why it works so well for you also.

Vegetarians/vegans seems to come in t least two groups, once group which tries to actively eat more vegetables, raw foods, and a healthy diet, and the other group simply stopped eating meat and other animal foods, but are not necessarily eating healthy replacements. A vegetarian that is actually eating lots of veggies and fruits probably does not have any bowel problems.
    This is why I call mine a plant-based diet, because that basically says that plants are the main foods in a person’s diet.

One of the easiest ways for me to be sure that Bobby is getting enough fiber is making what we call Fiberlicious Cake. Basically, it is a cheap cake mix, but then I add flax seeds, chia seeds, psyllium husks, and oatmeal. I usually add some kind of fruit or vegetable, like apples or carrots , and replace the liquid with fresh yogurt or kefir, and omit the oil.
    We both enjoy this, and it definitely provides enough helpful fiber to keep everything processing normally through the digestive system.

11. Joy Martin

Registered

In spite of the "pricey" product I've been taking since end of March 2022, I still have issues and know too, not to OVEREAT foods higher in calcium, like Ice Cream. Cheese is also a no no and I control that one very good.

A friend on another health group just posted this product and it sounds pretty inviting and very affordable.

Inulin Powder

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7579772/

I get NONE of my info from a TV, never have and today I don't even own a TV. TV sells all high priced pharma drugs.....you want to stay drugged, watch TV.

12. Joy Martin

Registered

John B. I have a friend who did coffee enemas for many yrs of her life, she said it releaved all pain. She does not do them now as she can't get her body down and up due to arthritic issues... She's too overweight too.

Anyway I've been taking Oxy Powder for colon detox and it works to a point but my system is complex at my age.

So a friend on another health group mentioned:

Inulin Powder

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7579772/

Get the colon cleaned out as best we can.

Eat higher fiber foods....

John Brunner likes this.
  13. John Brunner

I'll check out that NIH article, Joy. Regarding calcium: I've read that different types may affect you differently. But we're all different.

Don Alaska likes this.
  14. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

One of the ingredients that is in my chicory powder coffee substitute is inulin, and it is also supposed to help with people who have diabetes. I have been drinking mine for a couple of weeks now, and liking it better all of the time. It now tastes better to me than coffee, and i am considering stopping coffee altogether.
    Here is what I have, but there are a lot of different varieties available.

A5900463-BEBE-4614-9E27-AD8F54A0DDA4.jpeg

Joy Martin and Don Alaska like this.
  15. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Just take a good probiotic, eat some fruit and veggies, and drink plenty of water. You should be good to go. :D

John Brunner and Don Alaska like this.