So, You Wrote Your Congress Person And...

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Bobby Cole, Mar 23, 2022.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Well Tra-La-La !!
    My Congressman wrote me back but when I weeded through the rhetoric I didn’t find the answer I was looking for.
    The question was simple: I asked why Congress can’t force a vote to overturn Biden’s stance on oil production.
    This is what I received:
    ——————————————————-

As an overview comment, Government censors forced on Congressmen by “the powers that be” do not allow me to freely express my thoughts, so please understand that my reply to your communication may be watered down, pacified, and more generic and less specific than either you or I may desire.

With that in mind, thank you for contacting me to share your views regarding energy independence. I welcome the opportunity to respond.

By way of background, the current Administration revoked the Keystone XL pipeline permit on their first day in office. In the 1970s, then President Jimmy Carter placed an embargo on oil, and it had horrific economic impacts – double digit inflation, unemployment, and interest rates. Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.

Let me be clear, as much as we would love non-polluting alternative energy sources, they are extremely expensive and are often ineffective. The current Administration’s policies, including our participation in the Paris Climate Accords, hurts America. Such participation will drive up the cost of producing energy goods and services in the U.S., which in turn moves our industrial base to China and India where they have poor environmental controls. Ultimately, this means you are moving from a cleaner energy producer to a less clean energy producer, which globally equates to more pollution.

This revocation was a gut punch to America and the hits keep coming.

As you know, the recent Russia-Ukraine conflict has been even more harmful to American oil consumers. That said, for the Administration to blame record-high gas prices on the Russia-Ukraine war is nothing more than an attempt to shift blame away from their own economic foolery.

Some history is in order, gas cost around $36 a barrel in 2016 versus upwards of $129 as recent as last month. Experts predict that the prices will continue to be upwards of $122 per barrel for the near future. The current Administration’s “green energy” policies have failed the American people.

As an aside, I proudly cosponsored H.R. 684, the Keystone XL Pipeline Construction and Jobs Preservation Act, which if passed, authorizes the Keystone XL Pipeline. It is unfathomably irresponsible for the Administration to cower to climate-alarmists and kill jobs when Americans are suffering from mayor and governor imposed economically-illiterate lockdowns. I encourage the Administration to reverse his decision for the sake of the thousands of American he put out of work and the sake of America’s struggling economy.

Again, thank you for sharing your insight on this issue. Please feel free to contact me again in the future. You may wish to visit my website at http://brooks.house.gov/ for additional information about issues and legislation before Congress.

Sincerely,

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Insult to injury ,first destroy the economy, then tell us they are doing it for our own good, insulting our intelligence.
    The last great gasp of the AMerican people was The Tea Party.

3. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I can only imagine how impossible it is for a Senator to answer all emails himself, so, the form letters. But no, your question was not answered and there is where a senator is failing. I suppose we are stuck with listening if they are speaking to the masses, and even then sometimes they miss some of the most important issues. Many issues get put on the back burner, it's the world up close and impersonal :( For a form letter, if Mo orchestrated it, I thought it was a good one, with what he does cover. Although, I can live without the rhetoric, thanks for not putting it in ;)

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That's not as frustrating as what we get from Susan Collins' office. If I write to beg her not to do something that I know she's going to do anyhow, the letter that I will get back will be one thanking me for supporting the very thing that I was begging her not to do. Then she issues statements about how much support she is getting for the thing that people don't want her to do.

Few Republicans will admit to voting for her, yet she wins handily every six years. At the 2012 State Republican Convention, literally, half the delegates walked out at the beginning of her speech to wait in the lobby until she was done talking, yet she wins. People were saying they were going to wait until the "Democrat Convention" was over to return.

Last edited: May 20, 2022
  5. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I protested here in Madison. And against the banks... The problem is our reps know we have our own lives to do which is why we elect someone on our behalf. But, once elected, they only listen to the money, the lobbyists. Who probably do the law writing.

6. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

too bad we can't send a friendly package of dog-do, but then it wouldn't be Susan opening it, some poor admin assistant :(

Al Amoling likes this.
  7. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

Yup. And The Left has paid protesters...worldwide.

I was out there with individuals who paid their own way to DC from across the country to protest their sincerely-held positions. Nancy Pelosi called us "astro-turf." When the unions bused in people the next week, she called them "Grass Roots."

I still fume...

8. Marie Mallery

Registered

None of them will disappoint me again, because I'm done with them all.
    No change except negative in past 50 years. They play musical chairs while we suffer.
    I know this makes many mad but not nearly as mad as the PTB make me.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  9. John Brunner

[Insert impotent rage here]

Don Alaska likes this.
  10. Marie Mallery

Registered

Impotent, why?

John Brunner likes this.
  11. John Brunner

Because our nation is openly being destroyed and there is nothing I can do about it.

Don Alaska and Marie Mallery like this.
  12. Marie Mallery

Registered

So true! Live for today ,its about all we have anyway ,especially now.
    Also its title of a nice song, goes with the territory.

John Brunner likes this.