Some Americans Are Unhappy Supporting Ukraine

Discussion in 'History & Geography' started by Thomas Stillhere, Jun 8, 2022.

1. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

I have a guess about the cause of the Ukrainian conflict. Consider this; while still the ruler of much of the world, Great Britain's deep state did all it could to prevent any European country from becoming a competing military and commercial sea power. This included fomenting conflict and war among European countries and between Russia and Europe.

Fast forward. The waning world power US (or its deep state) is terrified of any alliance between Russia and Germany, as this combination would be the world power.

In the last few decades Germany and Russia were growing closer. Solution? Create a conflict between Russia and Europe (of which Germany is the leader for all practical purposes). Do so by reviving the Nazi movement in Ukraine with a rabid xenophobia directed towards Russia and Russians in general. So we have the new ubermensch, the new subhumans and the new proxy war between the US and Russia.

.... makes me want a hot shower. This is dirty stuff.

2. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

You don't have to. We already paid a lot for a Ukrainian Park here after sending all sorts of money over there. You can just sleep in the park.

3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Isn't that part of the 4th Turning theory?

Jake Smith and Al Amoling like this.
  4. Dwight Ward

Registered

I don't know what that is. Should I look up 4th Turning Theory or just Turning theory?

Jake Smith likes this.
  5. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I forget the formal name, but it basically claims that the world goes through 4 turnings about every 100 years. You go back to Spain being the Power, followed by France, then Britain, then the U.S., and China will probably be next. There are 4 cycles (I think) and it always changes with a 4th Turning in a war between the waning power and the rising power. If I find the references, I will post them here. Here you go:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strauss–Howe_generational_theory

Last edited: Dec 31, 2022
    Jake Smith and Thomas Stillhere like this.
  6. Dwight Ward

Registered

Thanx, Don. I thought all that cold Alaskan air slowed down the brain cells, but I guess you wear a nice, warm hat.

7. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Technology would place a large roll as to whether this 4 turnings would be possible. Going back to the first Spain and France the Countries would have to basically invade by canoe. Today is a whole lot different than then or any other period of History. The weapons everyone possess is still the number one deterrent, there could never be a winner or left over people for that matter. You would need to be one delusional leader to think you will order a sneak attack in the early am and not get hammered into eternal undiscovered history. Or simply a MadMan. America would never ever allow another country do what Russia is doing today to Ukraine to America. These police actions for the past 60 years is a poor example of what would happen should we be attacked by any foreign power. No matter who the leaders would be at that time they would be removed immediately if they faltered in any way to do more damage to an enemy than we receive. Then of course all our leaders today are not war veterans and unfit to even think about leading. I can just see slo joe leading a real dangerous and deadly war, god help us. Also the Generals suck big time and seem to love our enemies more than us, giving them a heads up !!!

8. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

It occurred to me today that one of the strengths of Israel is that almost all their political leaders are veterans. That puts war into perspective that the U.S. leaders do not have. NATO politicians are very much like the leaders prior to WWI, and I have said before that there are many similarities between the beginnings of WWI and the Russo-Ukrainian War.

9. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

And unlike us Israelis are totally united. different sects but still well assimilated. We are falling apart,being invaded, and crime ridden, and they keep giving to and involving us in a foreign war.

10. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

That used to be the complaint of the Democrats against the Republicans.

11. Marie Mallery

Registered

I don't know Mary, not sure illegals or criminals vote republican.
    Although I do agree that this nation goes further down the crabhole every 4 years no matter who is in office, IMP," its a club, and we ain't in it" G.C.

Mary Stetler and Jake Smith like this.
  12. Marie Mallery

Registered

Did you ecer see this movie based on a true story about what Russia went thru with Stalin? It was horrible persecution, starvation leading to cannibalism and more. We have to realize How Eussia haas suffered in the past from brutal dictators and revolutions. Plus I already know that whatever side Biden and his allies' like is not our friend. Not that we have any over there, just saying.
    Trailer,

Jake Smith and Dwight Ward like this.
  13. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

The Bolsheviks and the Nazis were enemies. The Nazi nationalist party from the south in Bavaria got to be the dominant force when the Brown Shirts were killed, at least the leadership was, as Hitler became the dominant force.

Jake Smith and Marie Mallery like this.
  14. Marie Mallery

Registered

The Bolshevics allied with those who took over Russia. Caused millions of deaths. I don't know what is going on, only those invoilved do, but I don't think Ukraine is innocent.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  15. Richard Whiting

Richard Whiting Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Not too likely that Germany will grow closer to Russia. It was announced this week that Germany is sending hundreds of their best tanks to the Ukraine.

Nancy Hart likes this.