South Australia's Wild Weather

Discussion in 'Weather & Natural Disasters' started by Kate Ellery, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

We have wild winds,weather forecasters have just stopped short of calling the wild winds/ rain a cyclone which we don't normally get in SA ...One poor man was killed yesterday trying to remove a tree from the country road ,when another tree fell on him ...The weather has forecast snow (SNOW) I never seen snow anyway snow is forecast for areas that have ever had a even a sprinkle of it before ..id love to see snow but all the areas forecast to maybe receive a sprinkle are up to 3 hours drive from where I live .....I'm by the sea ( mainly flat land) so we'd never get snow here
    http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...g/news-story/d66452e5595174b88b0d75fdf0127763

Frank Sanoica and Chrissy Cross like this.
  2. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Gee, @Kate Ellery, that surely looks like the effect of climate change. Having a forecast of snow in a place where it doesn't snow, huh. This year, we had a rain of ice pellets in several provinces. And to think that this is a tropical country, raining ice is unthinkable.

Yesterday, I was having lunch and listening to the news. I was surprised to learn that school was suspended in the northern provinces of Zambales and Bataan. I was wondering until the report said there were floods. We had rains last weekend but yesterday was a nice Monday with no more rains in Metro Manila and no more storm forecast. So it really makes me wonder why there were floods there.

3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Yikes, Kate....sounds scary, be careful if you're near.

I feel the same way about snow because we don't get any in Fresno, unless you drive up the mountains and then you have to put chains are your car.

4. Kate Ellery

Registered

@Corie Henson I have a DIL from the Philippines It's a whole 11c forecast for today where she lives here in Australia.in NSW...I don't think she will ever get used to the freezing winds we suffer in winter ..she's been here about 500 km from where I live for about 4 years ...My son had never been married before ..they now have three children ....this photo is of the DIL with their second son
    image2.jpg

Corie Henson likes this.
  5. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

@Kate Ellery, that 11 degrees C is still okay with me as long as I have a sweater or a jacket. What couldn't endure is the so called zero degree where the wind chill factor seemed to freeze my face. I don't know if we would have the volition to go back to Beijing where we experienced that harsh cold weather.

PS. You've got a pretty daughter-in-law... if only the pic would be upright, huh.

6. Kate Ellery

Registered

@Corie Henson This annoying iPad posts some photos unside down ..don't know why ?? I always take them the correct way up making sure the camera lens is up the top of iPad ..I will contact Ken see if he can fix it for me :D

Corie Henson likes this.
  7. Admin

Admin Forum Administrator
    Staff Member Greeter Registered

That's odd that it would do that because when I downloaded the photo it was right-side up. Anyhow, it's fixed.

Kate Ellery and Corie Henson like this.
  8. Kate Ellery

Registered