Spanish Flu Deaths : Covid Deaths

Discussion in 'History & Geography' started by Mary Stetler, Jun 5, 2022.

1. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

https://www.minnpost.com/health/202...olls-from-the-1918-flu-pandemic-and-covid-19/
    I almost got into and argument with a person over covid. I am not sure either of us actually knew what we would be fighting about. But he brought up the death toll of a million people from covid.
    Generally the only person I believe about covid is Dr John Campbell on you tube. But I wanted to know the proportion of deaths to population between the two flus.
    Our population is three times the size of the one in 1918.
    This article was written early into covid but the proportions seemed applicable. I don't think the Blacks or Native Americans were properly accounted but...
    I think my fight might have devolved into vaccine vs no vaccine again. But the soldiers had no vaccines, not great cleanliness, water or food that we have today. (not brought out in the article) So the proportionate difference might have been accounted for by these facts.
    Even with our modern advancements, did we do that much better?

2. James Hintze

James Hintze Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The vast majority of the million deaths from Covid were not vaccinated. It seems to me a waste of time to discuss this, including the 2-3 minutes it took me to come up with this and write it.

3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The "Spanish Flu" was much more deadly than Covid in all its forms, and most of the dead were young, healthy people. The death toll from the 1918 pandemic were far undercounted, while the deaths form Covid were exaggerated, at least within the U.S. and a few other Western countries mostly to frighten people and gain boosted reimbursements from the government. Among pandemics in the non-ancient world, Covid ranks a very weak third place as far as percentage of the population dying. Covid is raging up here again, mostly among the vaccinated. They are getting very ill, mostly a severe flu-like illness, but are not requiring hospitalization. I don't know a single non-vaccinated person up here who has contracted it recently, but they may be getting it and not developing symptoms.

4. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

The stats are not easy to come by, that is why I recommend Dr John Campbell who has been compiling all available from the beginning of the situation. He tries to get independent, double blind studies whenever possible where applicable and gives references so you can check his findings if you want.

The majority of deaths were those with weakened immune systems, vaccinated or not. Many had co-morbidity such as my friend and lawyer who was 78, had blood cancer, depression from the recent death of his wife AND covid back in March 2021. They put his death down as COVID. We had a motor cyclist declared dead at scene brought in, tested him and put his death down as covid, A nurse here was SHOCKED by this but the gov't was paying for covid deaths in hospitals. Do you truly not believe how that might be possible?
    Why, in New York when an empty hospital ship was off shore, did they put very ill covid victims into a Nursing Home full of frail elderly people?

Dr Campbell was concerned about the lack of studies comparing those with vaccines to those with natural immunity, and Yes, there is such a thing. But no one gets paid for it. He did note that the group that fared the best in studies were those with one vaccine AND natural immunity from one of the variants.

Don Alaska likes this.
  5. James Hintze

James Hintze Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I did some reading up on Dr. Campbell, available to everyone. I'll stick with Covid info from other sources.