Speaker Of The House

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Beth Gallagher, Jan 3, 2023.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm enjoying watching the live action, and I agree with that Chip whats-his-name that it is unusual to see all the seats filled for a change. I think it's a shame how few congresspeople show up to do their jobs on a regular basis and something needs to be done about that.

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

You are absolutely right! There is no place in American politics for anyone who stands on principle! Elected representatives should assign their vote over to the Party leadership, like most of them do, and the Party leadership chooses the Leadership. That's the American way.

Accused of doing... that's funny.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2023
  3. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I see the House is going to reconvene at 10:00 p.m. EST. I suppose there'll be another vote tonight. ohnoes.GIF

Bobby Cole likes this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Registered

What a bunch of maroons. Still no Speaker. o_O

5. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Well. Looks like McCarthy finally eeked out a win.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Ah yes, the little inconvenience between cocktails.

7. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

yeah, and Biden gave his congratulations and in a little speech said that Congress has to put the American People’s interests above all else.
    Gee, that would be a nice thing for the Executive Branch to do as well !

Thomas Windom and Al Amoling like this.
  8. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I'm glad it's settled because honestly I don't believe it makes much difference in a do-nothing Republican house. They are much too divided to get anything accomplished.

Krystal Shay and Bobby Cole like this.
  9. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

And this would be one of the rare times when I do hope you are wrong.

Al Amoling and Beth Gallagher like this.
  10. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

Glad to see Nancy dear gone, and only hope McCarthy and buddies do badly needed swamp cleaning.

11. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Now that they have elected McCarthy as speaker of the house , the information is starting to come out about the negotiations that went on during the time that they. We’re voting to elect a speaker.
    Here is a list of things that the House expects to start doing right away, and it looks like they have some good ideas that will help this country get back on its feet again.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_app/rep-andrew-ogles-reveals-what-concessions-were-made-in-battle-for-speaker-of-the-house

Bobby Cole likes this.
  12. Ed Marsh

Ed Marsh Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Good morning to all-
    I see that the Honorable Member from the Great State of Alabama had to be restrained on the floor of the House from attacking Matt Gaetz during proceedings of the House Speaker election.

Shameful, shameful, shameful behavior.

By this, I mean the restraining of the Member from Alabama. He should have been allowed to strike down that vile individual from Florida who is as bad an individual as any we've ever seen elected to high office. If ever there was an individual- I won't honor Gaetz by using "man" to refer to him- who deserved attack, both verbally and physically, it is Matt Gaetz.

What a circus. We can already see the clowns in action.

You all be safe and keep well- Ed

13. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

You’re a much divided man Ed.
    On one post you heavily castigated me when I cited a potential for violence and here you are demanding it and moreover, unlike myself, you’re not giving any real reason [for your demand for bloodshed.]

I would think that a man of peace, as you seem to like to be known, would at least wait for a legal indictment before passing such a harsh sentence.

Ah…..the evils that doth cloud the minds of men….

Last edited: Jan 8, 2023
    Thomas Windom likes this.
  14. Ed Marsh

Ed Marsh Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Good morning to all-

And to you Bobby- There is none so blind as he who will not see...

And I'm a man of peace- and reality. and the reality is that some individual- such as Matt Gaetz- don't deserve the same civil treatment as others- because of his past actions and his present words
    And the legal indictment will never occur- the primary witnesses- and victims, I might add- have either been bought off or frightened off.

but that doesn't change reality. Matt Gaetz is scum- and that insults honest scum.

good day to all- Ed

15. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

And….you know that they have been bought off or frightened off exactly how? The media or possibly some personal proof that only you know about and are under a gag order not to divulge said proof?

Ya see Ed, that’s how a Democracy works. If enough people approve of say…..hanging Gaetz, then proof of a foul deed is unnecessary because the majority has spoken.
    In a Constitutional Republic, by pure merit that the man is a citizen protected by the Constitution, you MUST have proof of a deed worthy of an indictment such as you are proposing.

Tell me Ed, did you grade your students according to what you thought about them or did you do due diligence to grade them equally and according to the work they provided?
    Now, I do have proof that the former is probably the case since throughout all of your politically based dialog, you have yet to provide any reasonable proof to back your accusations of any of the political figures you so vehemently hate.
    It would seem that you simply go on knee jerk emotions and because they belong to you, proof is unnecessary because after all, you were the judge and jury for so many and for so many years.

Now, unlike you, I have proof that Biden likes to expose himself in front of unwilling women and I have proof that he sniffs little girls hair and took showers with his own little girl and I also have proof that his son is a total miscreant but yet, I wouldn’t want either of them to be manhandled in any way.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2023
    Thomas Windom likes this.