Spike In Norovirus Activity

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Alan Sidlo, Apr 2, 2022.

1. Alan Sidlo

Alan Sidlo Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

i've been observing this spread like wildfire... reports are global europe and asia too.

i've also allowed myself to be infected last month in order to experiment with the quorum quenching strategies i am working on. it was rough but i'm ok now and learned quite a bit too.

"Since early January, the number of weekly outbreaks has risen from fewer than 10 to more than 50. The data is based on reports from state health departments in Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, New Mexico, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming."

source: nbc news
    Covid cases are down. Unfortunately, stomach flu outbreaks are up..

Last edited: Apr 2, 2022
  2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I think Norovirus is one that has shown to be controlled by vigorous and proper handwashing, no?

Bobby Cole and Alan Sidlo like this.
  3. Alan Sidlo

Registered

that is the current protocol... but i suspect that this may just be the minimum as i've seen it spread even with proper hygiene precautions taken.

it was with some effort over the course of a few days for the virus to affect me. it took changing my diet and setting my gut up to be acidic, then knowingly eating foods improperly prepared by an infected individual. sure felt like a move of darwinian proportions.

first signs of borborygmus (stomach grumbling), i switched to damiana tea and propolis emulsion for it flavonoids. though the gut issues were quickly mitigated the effects of the virus had already set in. tempered by the phytonutrients the virus still had to run it's course which was miserable for 36 hours. thankfully without regurgitation or the explosive diarrhea the others had experienced.

the whole experience gave me insight into the mechanisms of the pathogenesis and how to limit the damage of the inflammation that accompanied this ordeal.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2022
  4. Trevalius Guyus

Trevalius Guyus Veteran Member
    Registered

What the hell? Why did you seek out an individual to infect you? Did that individual have a professionally confirmed case? What benefits did you gain from the experience?

This all seems too goofy to be believed!

Marie Mallery likes this.
  5. Alan Sidlo

Registered

yeah, i realize that many may think it's crazy but sometimes this is how independent research must be done. at the time that i noticed the spike in virus occurrences it was pretty evident that i was not affected or was asymptomatic. i had to find out which and why.

i don't participate in allopathic medicine but have many associates who do and support me. my contacts included professors and technicians at stanford, johns hopkins, and doctors at northwestern medical, but their assistance wasn't really necessary here.

it's called
    Self-experimentation

i did learn quite a bit, journaled my experience, and shared it with my circle of professional associates including medical doctors, dietitians, and herbalists. it may be interesting to note that no official announcements were made on norovirus infections a month-and-a-half in and is only now gaining traction.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2022
  6. Alan Sidlo

Registered

it seems so futile to rant about the powers that be. their authority is just another hazzard of my chosen feild(s) of practice.

two decades ago while participating in developing what evolved into the current paradigm of cloud computing, i learned to temper my disgust and channel it to something useful. that's when i started working with authorities to get the hacking charges dropped.

i've seen the jacket they have kept of me when it was still siloed in vermont. the list of acronyms i've been involved with is lengthy even though i keep a healthy distance from their control.

so there you go... you're preaching to the choir and the parishioners have fallen asleep. time to put up or...

Marie Mallery and Don Alaska like this.
  7. Alan Sidlo

Registered

insulting people isn't going to get you very far...

your incessant attacks on things you cannot do anything about seem to present other issues which diet and herbal medicine can not resolve.

throughout my search of ethnobotanical solutions to the current health related issues, i do my best to keep the dogma out of the fray. it's those same religious beliefs which dogs the psyche. sure it may provide solace from concern but that is placebo too. in fact most of the time these beliefs precipitate into nocebo...

Is the Nocebo Effect Hurting Your Health?

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  8. Alan Sidlo

Registered

you provide a prime example of how warnings would be ignored when provided in an unskilled manner. please try to put that in perspective.

you may be getting in the way of progress by redundantly overstating a fact... over and over again.

you stack your posts one on top of another providing nothing new or relevant. nobody wants to listen to a broken record.

you, my friend, are stuck in the twilight of the internet zone.

9. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

10. Alan Sidlo

Registered

i think we're all good now... thank you!

11. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Your welcome and don't forget to remind me when I go off.:oops:

Alan Sidlo likes this.