State Of The Union Address

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Sheldon Scott, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I know, @Kitty Carmel . I sure do miss the days when you could listen to any TV station and get the honest news. If Walter Cronkite had said the sky was falling, I would have dived for cover.

Question is, what can we as viewers do about it? Is there way way we can change things? Maybe boycott all of them?

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I forget what the issue was now, but Obama was lying about it, although that didn't come out until later. Was it proper to interrupt a speech for it? I don't know. Certainly, the early history of our country wasn't one of decorum and respect.

In one sense, I think we're doing it or they are doing it for themselves. Although there may not be much in the way of organized boycotts, most people have learned that they can't believe what the media is saying anymore. I think that's a healthy thing. We might watch the television news, but we don't necessarily believe it. We might listen to the news on the radio or read a newspaper, but we know we can't depend on the accuracy of what we're hearing or reading.

Even Fox News, which a lot of Republicans will point to as being reliable, and Democrats will point to as biased -- while I do tend to think they do a better job of including both sides of an issue, I don't believe what they say either. They have a political bent, but it's a neoconservative one. They were every bit as wrapped up in making sure that Trump lost the Primary as the other news media was in making sure he lost the General election.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    Tom Galty likes this.
  3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/president-donald-j-trumps-state-union-address/

I was one who could not stay awake to watch President Trump's State of the Union Address but I just finished reading it a short while ago and I am well pleased with most everything he said in it.

In our President's first year in Office he has stayed true to the what he has promised the American people, and in his State of the Union Address he is still staying true to those promises.

While I don't like his "going off at the mouth" sometimes, over the past year I have seen a tempering of this too. And with all those who hate him and who are trying to get him out of the Office of the Presidency by one means or another...I wouldn't blame him one bit if there hadn't been any tempering of his mouth.

I am ashamed of our Government Officials who refuse to show our President the respect he deserves and I am ashamed of them for not working with him to help America and Americans regain what has been lost. Our elected Officials don't have the right not to do their jobs...and their jobs are not to do what they want...but to do what we the American people who elected them to represent us want them to do. If they aren't going to do this...then they need to step down and let others step up and do the jobs we hired them to do.

I'm tired of a bunch of 2 year old tantrum throwers running our Government and stalemating so that nothing gets accomplished or takes forever to do so.

But I'm proud to say thanks to President Trump for stepping up and doing your best for America and Americans. And as a woman of faith I especially want to thank you for bringing God's name and our heritage under Him back in focus again too.

Tom Galty and Ken Anderson like this.