Strange Event

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Tony Page, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I've had three strange events that happened in my life until now .
    This is one of them -- when I was about 10 years old my cousins invited me to go along to a Beach in Port Washington. Living in Brooklyn at the time I had never been to a beach or a pool, so I didn't know how to swim. At the beach I waded in water up to my chest no deeper. The water was murky, I hit a hole and was sinking as I'm going down I remember thinking to myself I have to push myself towards shore, where the water was shallow. As I was coming up I swallowed some water, and felt like I was going to blank out, it was at that time I saw my whole life roll before me, like a movie, it all happen in a Flash. Has anybody else experienced this?
    Fortunately my cousin grabbed my arm and pulled me to shallow water, where I caught my breath. How many of you have experienced something odd or was out of the norm happened to them.

John Jarvin and John Brunner like this.
  2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

yes.. and mine happened in a swimming pool and I can swim. I managed to push up like you described, until I grabbed hold
    side of the pool and pulled myself up. Was exhausted.

3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Happened to me as a young teen (maybe 12-13.) I tried teaching myself to swim in a neighbor's pool. I put styrofoam flotation devices at the deep end and I would flail over there then grab one to catch my breath. Then I would flail to the other end of the pool. I did it a few times, and the last time the wind had blown the flotation devices to the shallow end of the pool, and I was screwed. I went down for the nth time and could see newspaper headlines "Local Boy Drowns In Pool" in my head. I can still see them. That's all I thought. The neighbor's adult daughter happened to be there, and she pulled me out.

John Jarvin and Tony Page like this.
  4. John Jarvin

John Jarvin Active Member
    Registered

Those are called 'near death experiences (NDE's).' They're interesting to read about.

Tony Page likes this.
  5. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks for the information, I had another strange event similar to that happen that scared me I think it's called out of body Experience. I was sleeping and in my dreams I started floating away from my body, but I had umbilical chord attached my body. At first I was curious because I can move around visually seeing things I couldn't before or from a different angle, I decided I wanted to fly to the moon and that comes from my interest in astronomy. As I was heading to the Moon my umbilical cord got extremely tight all of a sudden I felt in danger that if it broke I would die. I quickly turned around headed back to Earth, back into my body. I woke up in a sweat, shaking and often wonder if that cord had broke if I would have died.
    It felt very real, but strange experience. It never happened again.

John Jarvin likes this.
  6. John Jarvin

John Jarvin Active Member
    Registered

That's a great experience! I used to have those a lot when I was younger. I still have them very occasionally, but nothing like I did when I was in my early 20's. Many people aspire to have experiences like yours though using meditation or other techniques. From what i understand that cord will never break no matter how far you go, unless it's meant to.

Tony Page likes this.
  7. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Again thanks for the info I was very young when I experienced it I would say about 12 years old.

John Jarvin likes this.