Streaming Music Station

Discussion in 'Hobbies & Crafts' started by Thomas Stillhere, Sep 19, 2022.

1. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

For several years now win amp has been rebuilding and preparing to come back again as a five star player and with the Shout Cast add on. The add on allows you to set up your server and be a dj or use auto dj to stream your allotted amount of music content thru a streaming server online. You can do this for free and of course there will be paid service also but you have a certain amount of free streaming times which you can control yourself by setting up your playlist and bit rates to conserve each month. I tried setting up the server end on my system but wasn't able to get it to finish configuring due to really bad instructions. I will try tomorrow and feel pretty sure I will get it up and running. Now to get to win amp the music player , it is free and you can download it any time you want and have a good player to take care of all your music libraries.
    https://www.winamp.com/
    I just assume everyone has music but if you don,t you can tune into all the stations supplied by having the player installed. It is multi functional. A lot of very nice skins already included. A fast image of my install and the default skin. A large group of slide outs with the little tic markers on the skin.

win amp.JPG

John Brunner likes this.
  2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I see some original Blood Sweat & Tears on there. You continue to impress ;)

When I first got DSL, I found a radio station in Kingston Jamaica that broadcast over the web. Authentic reggae, baby.

Thomas Stillhere likes this.
  3. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I started listening to a Texas station that started out as a hobby station and then became commercial . KSEY was a family country and western station up in mid Texas south of Oklahoma and at the time I began to listen they were playing all the old standard Western Swing music. Since that time the format has changed a lot and there is less music and more local community projects. I haven't used it for several years because there is so much free music out there.

John Brunner likes this.