Stupid Questions About The Bible

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Samual Yoder, Dec 9, 2021.

1. Samual Yoder

Samual Yoder Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

"The questions are good ones, or can be, simple and honest and revealing." No, stupid

2. Joseph Carl

Joseph Carl Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Although stupid or antagonistic religious questions are often made as a jabbing point or implied criticism, I welcome them (to a point) as a witnessing opportunity. I know my family, friends, and most strangers don't want me preaching to them about any of my Christian beliefs and values, but if they open up the topic in any way, I jump on it.

The limiting point to faith challenging questions for me comes primarily from serious atheists on forums that want to argue indefinitely, with no answer satisfying their committed secularist world view. With time, I've learned to disengage quickly with those people and move on to more productive conversations.

This thread has an underlying point worth recognizing. For those of us who are saved by and committed to the Christian faith, we should be prepared to provide answers to questions that challenge God's existence and the Bible's authority. Thus, part of one's walk of discipleship maturity should include a heavy dose of studying Christian apologetics - the foundations for belief in the one true faith.