Sweet Tooth

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Ken Anderson, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Is anyone watching Sweet Tooth? It's a Netflix series about a post-apocalyptic time in which a virus wipes out most of the people on the planet and, simultaneously, hybrid kids are born who have animal-human features. The main character is a kid who is part deer, although the deer part consists largely of antlers, deer ears, and eyes that glow in the dark. It's a pretty cute series, though. I've just started the second episode but am liking it, although I didn't realize that the boy wasn't a girl until halfway through the first episode when the narrator referred to him as a boy.

2. Ken Anderson

They don't get into the backstory much until episode 7, and I think they're going to try to explain how children came to be born with animal characteristics, and I think it's going to have something to do with vaccinations. But maybe not, I'm not even halfway through episode 7 yet, but it's a good story nevertheless.

3. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I no longer have Netflix but wish I did sometime. But thinking about about your comment and others you have made about videos, I have recently learned something about myself. I prefer reading over watching. I seldom
    watch videos or news programs that rely on video casting? My comprehension is better from the written word
    and I alway seek it out if I can.

4. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

INot my cup of tea so to speak. I get enough fantasy from real society.

Thomas Windom and Beth Gallagher like this.
  5. Ken Anderson

Season 2 is out. There is something wrong with you if you don't like this series. You may have to suspend a few beliefs here and there, but it's worth it. Although it's sort of designed to have you rooting for the end of the human race (probably not unintentionally), it's still a good series.

Last edited: May 21, 2023