Take Time And Work To Be Your Own Doctor

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Joy Martin, Mar 29, 2024.

1. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

There are exceptions BUT for the Most Part, be your OWN DOC.....don't be a slave to pharma and those who deliver the toxic drugs...... There is SO MUCH info to find and read and take Action on. Linus Pauling wasn't playing with the people.....

And eat as healthy foods as one can get. All the FDA additives, bahhhhhhhhhhhhh

2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Doctors in many states are now not taking Medicare patients- Medicare does not pay enough.Now the Advantage plans are being picked to pieces. Every time something happens in the world, is another excuse to shrink product and make it more expensive. Companies buying up medical practices and hospitals is one thing drove many to leave medical profession.
    Ironic is how medical companies, drug companies, media and etc - push a long all healthy life all the while slowing killing us all with their lies, misrepresentation contaminated foods. medicines. I could go way deeper than this, but don't wanna mess up me day on the dangers of listening to others vs.to my self on health matters.
    I know this body way better than they do.;)

3. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

So far only med I take is 1/4 aspirin] cheaper than baby aspirin to cut regular one in quarters].
    If BP is high I take 2 1/2mg's Amalopine, only high a few times a month.

Otherwise, no meds, just diet and exercise.

If I listened to dr.s I'd be on all kinds of meds for 2 stents the Frankenstein's put in me 5 yr ago. Plus blood thinners, or be on insulin for diabetes, B
    Been diabetic about 15 or more years now, I've never had a shot or meds except a few weeks and I quit Metformin.
    Berries and low carb dirt work better and of course workout.
    Someday I will not be able to work out or even find berries, will worry about it when it happens.
    Not saying doctors are bad, when we need them.

4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I've taken these chewable 81mg aspirin:

[​IMG]

$12.50 for a bottle of 1,000 (about 1¢ each.) Made in New York state by an American company. Available from Walmart and Amazon. Way easier (and cheaper) than cutting pills...and the chewable aspirins are the ones that benefit your heart.

Don Alaska and Marie Mallery like this.
  5. Marie Mallery

Registered

Thanks John will try to order these today. No fun splitting pills all kinds of Mgs come out.

John Brunner likes this.
  6. John Brunner

I should have mentioned that the $12.50 Walmart price includes shipping, so you don't have to mess with a minimum order. Amazon is $8.58 plus $6.99 shipping, or their $35 minimum order for free freight.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  7. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

That is why I mentioned in a previous post that if Medicare wants to underfund everything, they should offer incentives for hospitals to operate Medicare Clinics. That way, if your private doctor doesn't take Medicare any longer, you could go to one of the clinics. Some of the doctors who are "retiring" due to the inability to make their operating costs may be retained if they could work a regular schedule with no worries about overhead, employees, etc. The doctor I now see at the VA here recently retired form being a hospitalist at a local hospital. Hospitalists generally have it pretty good with no office, but they do have irregular shifts and sometimes pressure from administrators to do more than is humanly possible to maximize revenue, especially at the for-profit hospitals. He said the stress just got too great for him to continue. The nurse practitioner I was seeing there is now doing remote video visits from home and apparently is happy with that as well. My wife sees a private doctor, and was switched to his PA as soon as she turned 65. Apparently Medicare does not pay enough for the physician to be involved unless there are problems with her care.

Hedi Mitchell and Marie Mallery like this.
  8. Marie Mallery

Registered

Was it you who put up iodine supplement? I can't find the page.

9. John Brunner

No, I think after I read about it, I figured iodine was not something I wanted to mess with supplementing without getting tested first. Potassium also falls in that category.

Don Alaska and Marie Mallery like this.
  10. Marie Mallery

Registered

I eat tuna a few rimes a week, make tuna patties. I may hold off too. Thanks for info.

John Brunner likes this.
  11. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

John amd Marie, if you two have no symptoms of iodine deficiency, which I posted, then no bother but stay aware.... I had a 10 yr depression starting in 1991 and that is when I started with thyroid....info and a great D.O I had who worked with SYMPTOMS......we are NOT numbers, but medicine thinks so....they need to keep moving the drugs.

John Brunner likes this.
  12. Marie Mallery

Registered

@John Brunner

The Pharbest Aspirin came in mail today. 1000 81mgs chewable aspirins.

John Brunner likes this.
  13. John Brunner

$4.57/year. Such a good deal.

I had to stop taking them because after a couple of years the aspirin started to upset my stomach.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  14. Marie Mallery

Registered

I always take them with food. If on the road I'd get a pack of p-nut butter crackers to take it.

John Brunner likes this.
  15. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

We have no problems with Medicare at all. They paid for both (each eye) cataract surgery I had in 2018. We had to pay for the new lens they put into each eye.
    For the two times I went to the ER, and admitted into the hospital, last year, they and our Supplement covered all but $600 that we paid for one doctor that checked on me in the hospital. $600 instead of the thousands that we would've had to pay without Medicare/Supplement.