Tattoos

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Tom Locke, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Sometimes girls, even old ones just wanna have fun. :)

I also have tattoos and wish I didn't. I had one removed, the one that marked cancer in my colon. That ugly tattoo went bye-bye along with the cancer thanks to the skilled surgeons. I still have a tattoo in my stomach on an old ulcer that was found noncancerous but could become cancer so it has been marked. I also have one on a spot in my vaginal tract that genetics tests predict becoming cancer. These tattoos help doctors know the exact spot where biopsies were done and while not cancerous, may in time become cancerous and need removal.

I hate that I have these tattoos. I do regret not attaching the photos of these tattoos to my Walmart Greeter resume. :( Some old biker chick got the job.:mad:

2. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

That was me, Faye, and I took care of it. I have no idea what I was doing that day...... I can't even blame it on drinking.

Jake Smith and Faye Fox like this.
  3. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

Yeah, that was me, too, Faye, sorry...LOL. They even gave me a special blue smock so I could show them off.

Jake Smith and Faye Fox like this.
  4. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

No, YOU are. You just can't shut up about the same topic, for years now.

Have you ever been tested for the Autism Spectrum? Maybe you can't help it. If so, I'm sorry. If not, then I think you just like to be a pain in the ass, begging for attention like a child.

5. Joanna Newton

Joanna Newton Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

If you're still here (forum) and reading this, I have question:
    What is your REASON?? I mean you clearly have a very strong dislike for tattoos, so there must be a reason for it- do you simply think they're ugly, against your religion, or some other factor?

Jake Smith likes this.
  6. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I think it is clear that tattoos used to be sinful.
    Since the church basically no longer follows Jesus, sin is no longer called sin in most places anymore.
    Will there be any tattoos in heaven ?
    That's a difficult question.

Jake Smith likes this.
  7. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

There use to be a show on a cable station where prisons and jails were visited. Gang members would have their arms covered in tattoos, as well as their necks and, sometimes, even their face/head. I think, depending on the number of tattoos, and placement, a person could easily wonder if the person just got out of prison. Looked like, in order to be accepted into the prison society, a prisoner had to get tattoos.

IOW, it seems like a lot of young folks with tattoos, have done/do crime. Not all, but there is a percentage. There were/is biker gangs that have numerous tattoos who committed all kinds of crimes.

There are, in fact, three groups of people:
    Those that have tattoos and love them and don't care what anyone thinks, including family members. Tattoos can stand for "machoism", as in "I'm a bad a** person, don't mess with me".
    Those that don't have tattoos, but are completely open-minded about tattoos (as well as other things).
    And, those that don't like them at all, because to many tattoos are/can be related to illegal drugs and crime.

One other thing, my wife distinctly told me, "if you would've had any tattoos or piercings when I met you, I wouldn't have had anything to do with you". And, she seriously meant that. Glad I didn't!

Jake Smith and Joanna Newton like this.
  8. Joanna Newton

Registered

Thank you!
    You've posted often on this subject, just wanted your POV.

Jake Smith likes this.
  9. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Please be sure to read my "add-on" sentence about my wife, in my last reply.

Jake Smith and Joanna Newton like this.
  10. Joanna Newton

Registered

Yes, I noticed that! :)

Jake Smith likes this.
  11. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Reason?
    I have a little flag up in the corner of the opening page with notices for me.
    I stop in to read if something has been posted.
    I don't care what you do if it does not harm anyone else. Sticking a needle repeatedly into your skin to put ink into it is not my idea of a good time.
    In some cultures, tattoos have meaning. Here, they are probably just statements. Some have personal meaning. Some are for shocking and attention getting. Whether I appreciate them or not is immaterial. They don't represent me.
    My daughter is an artist. She and her friends chose their own 'totems' and drew them. Then had them tattooed on the small of their backs. She was afraid to tell me but she was 30. And hers was actually clever and pretty. And people don't see it.
    If she had put a skull on her forehead with a swastika or something, I probably would have been angry at the stupidity. It is not like a 3 year old who cuts her bangs because she saw her mother do it. Bangs grow back.
    Society judges and tattoos don't wash off.

12. Jake Smith

Jake Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Some folks really take it to another limit with tattoos. Check this guy out.

[​IMG]

Reen Davis and Beth Gallagher like this.
  13. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

That must have cost a small fortune.

14. Reen Davis

Reen Davis Well-Known Member
    Registered

OH WOW ! Now, as a nature / animal lover I have to say - I love this. Whether or not the person should actually be 'wearing'
    it is beside the point - as far as I'm concerned it is a beautiful work of art !

Beth Gallagher and Jake Smith like this.
  15. Jake Smith

Jake Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Like everything anymore, bet it did. Prices just keep rising on everything.