Tell Me One Of The Kindest Things Someone Has Done For You

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Susan Long, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Mal Campbell

Mal Campbell Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you for the kind words - they really mean a lot.

I am indeed fortunate to have a loving husband, who has proven again and again that he loves me - our lives have had some pretty major obstacles and we have tackled them together, side by side, when other partners would have walked away! I've been blessed.

2. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Hi all, I am at Yvonne's house right now. I got here last Sunday, after two days of driving through four states.

We've been gabbing nonstop since I got here. She is exactly as she seems to be on line. She has such a generous personality. She and her hubby, Bobby, are great at making a person feel comfortable in their home. They are so interesting, and can discuss about anything you can think of. Both of them are so talented. Bobby is into carpentry, and you can see the love he has for his craft. Yvonne can knit and crochet so fast that I have a hard time watching her finger make the movements. Both are into gardening and cooking. They work together in tandom so well that they are a pleasure to watch.

Yvonne took me out yesterday, and we bought me some makeup and nail polishes, which she is in the process of showing me how to use. We have watched hair styling vidies on Youtube to help teach me how to style my hair. Bobby is so patient about the whole thing that I can see why Yvonne has such praise for him. They have a marriage much like what Michael and I had for our 47 years.

i am so happy that I chose to visit the two of them. They are so uplifting that I wish we lived nearer, so that I could tap into their joy of living.

Susan Long and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Susan Long

Susan Long Veteran Member
    Registered

Wow, it sounds like you had a wonderful trip. I'm glad you took the time to enjoy all those fun activities. Good for you!

4. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

Back in 2005 when my mother was very sick prior to her death I had taken her to the hospital. I went to the hospital chapel to pray and I started to cry because I knew how bad the situation was and that I could lose my only living parent before long. A woman came into the chapel and walked up to the altar, she started to pray out loud thanking God for helping her family member. When she concluded the prayer she asked God to help the woman sitting behind her with whatever problem she was facing. I had to thank the woman before she left the chapel. Here she was a total stranger but she took the time to remember me in her prayer. May seem like a simple act but I never forgot it.

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

When I was in my 20s, I was camping at Joshua Tree National Monument with my son. For those who have never been there, there are (or were) no facilities at Joshua Tree, and little there other than huge piles of rocks, Joshua trees, and snakes.

joshua-tree.png

We spent a couple of days and one night there, climbing rocks. When I was packing things up to go, I found that I had lost my wallet. We spent some time looking for it but, since we had climbed so many rocks, and couldn't even remember for sure which ones, the chances of finding it were slim to none. Finally, I gave up. Fortunately, I had a full tank of gas and we lived in Anaheim, close enough to get home.

I was working for a paper company then and had a fair amount of money in the bank but, since this was before most people had credit cards, I had a few hundred dollars in cash in my wallet, for emergencies.

More than three years later, I went to work to find a note to talk to the plant manager in the morning. Since I worked the graveyard shift, I almost never saw the office people. Someone had found my wallet in some rocks at Joshua Tree and returned it. He left a note saying he had taken $20 for gas, but the rest was all there. Since it almost never rains in Joshua Tree, nothing was even much damaged. He left a name but no other identifying information.

In order to return it, he tried the address on my driver's license but I was no longer there. He found a card in there from Champion Paper Company and went by there. However, since I had lost the wallet Champion had moved its plant from Fullerton to Anaheim, so it had to track the new address down, then talk to the office people to find out that I was still employed there.

6. Jake Smith

Jake Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Great looking photo too , glad you woke up.

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Kindest thing anyone has ever done for me............my wife marrying me! Most definitely.

Marie Mallery likes this.