Tell Me What Kind Of Day You Will Have Today. Here's Mine

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Lon Tanner, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Right now I have just got out of the shower and having my morning coffee. I will check my email and finances and watch the morning news on TV. I will get out of my robe and get dressed at 9;30 AM and go to the dining room for a solo breakfast. At 10:30 AM the Oakmont driver will take me in the CAD Limo to my 11:00 AM Dermatology appointment where I will have my biopsies measured for skin cancer radiation. I will return to my nest about 11:30 AM and have a brief nap. I will probably have soup for lunch around 1:3o PM and then watch a 90 minute documentary. Other than just getting out for my appointment for excitement?? That's it

Marie Mallery likes this.
  2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Sunny outside and will be decent for my plants. So taking a few big ones out to patio. Listening to music, changing sheets on bed. Re potted small plant.
    Will take daughter some enchilada casserole later for her lunch.
    Um not sure about rest of tbe day.

Lon Tanner likes this.
  3. Lon Tanner

Registered

love enchiladas.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Not much going on today. I'm still putzing around and drinking coffee. It's nice outside so I was sitting on the patio with my hubby for a while. I'll do a couple of loads of laundry, read a bit, decide what to make for dinner, and have a few minutes of exercise.

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, wife got her #2 Covid 19 vaccine this last Tuesday evening (5:30PM) and got pretty sick yesterday. Not enough for an ER visit, but lots of body aches/pains and a low-grade temperature of 101.7. She stopped working (at home) yesterday at 10:30AM. I finally talked her into taking a 200mg Motrin, of which helped. Continued with the Motrin a few more times. She drank lots of water, but couldn't hardly eat anything. She told me, "I sure didn't think I'd get this bad after #2, but she did.

This morning she went back to work in the spare bedroom, feeling quite a bit better than the day before (Wednesday). Took her temperature and it was 99.1 at 8AM. Then, after eating a cut-up apple and orange, I took her temperature again and it was 98.7. Normal is 98.6, so she has lost her fever.

I get my #2 a week from this Saturday at local VA Clinic and hope my after-affects are better than hers were.

We talked to her brother on the phone last night and he said he got pretty sick after the first vaccine, but it still going to get the second one. He could do very little for two days.

Guess it all boils down to..........."peace of mind" of having both.

6. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Dang...which one did you two get ?

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

She got the Pfizer and I got the Moderna. This was her second vaccine, but I still have to get my second one yet. Only a little shoulder soreness for her on her first vaccine, but very different on her second. But, now she's had it and pretty much recovered from her pain/anguish of yesterday.

8. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Oh rats..we both got the Pfizer one. Just sore arm also gor first dose. Second ine due 3-23.

9. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, Gloria, from what I've read online, not everyone gets all of the pain/anguish after the second vaccine. There are those that get very little after the second vaccine, but then there are those that can really get hit...........like my wife did. Fortunately, the pain only lasted for about 36 hours.

10. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I heat with wood and used to stack it neatly behind my garage. Then that area got overgrown, so I've had the delivery guys just dump it at the end of the driveway and I work from the stacks. This presents a problem because it does not season properly (and no one sells wood that's already seasoned, in spite of their ads) and I don't have enough organization to buy ahead for the next year's heating needs.

I've been procrastinating on cleaning behind the garage and laying down gravel there so I can start stacking the wood in that location again, and decided that I just need to organize it where it's being dumped at the end of the driveway. It's really the better location for it to be easily dropped off and for me to draw from to take to the racks on my front porch.

I found plans for wood racks that I've modified and worked on for about 5 hours today. It's taking longer that I thought because each row is 32' long, and the ground slopes. The base for the racks are cinder blocks, so I start with a block above ground at one end, and have to dig progressively deeper holes for the blocks at the far end so the rack is level (the furthest block is sunk 6".) This is along the edge of the gravel driveway, so I'm digging through compacted gravel (all the way down) and dirt...THAT is what's taking so daggone long. If I weren't so anal about this stuff I would have already have several rack built...but their uneveness would drive me nuts. And you'd really notice it over a 32' span.

I'll likely build (2) 32' racks parallel to each other, a few 16' racks parallel to them, then some smaller racks in an area behind those for kindling and other smaller pieces of wood. I'm also going to build a stand I can cut wood on at a more comfortable height. Stupid me had a couple of loads of wood delivered when it looked like a cold spell was upon us, so I'm working around self-imposed piles that are right where I'm doing construction. Thank goodness I got a tractor to shove the stuff around.

11. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I spent the day covering for my wife at her recovery center. Of course, in between people coming in and telephone calls, of which there weren't many, I still got to work at my regular job.

12. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I’m going to do the Karate Kid thing but instead of painting de fence I’m going to tear down part of de fence and replace it.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  13. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I need to continue working on all those firewood stands.

Yesterday the temps were in the high 50s. Right now it's in the 30s and won't hit 40 until 11AM, so I'm not sure when I'll get out there.

We're gonna have days in the 70s next week. But then I'll be whining about the heat.

It's so easy to procrastinate.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  14. Lon Tanner

Registered

No appointments today. I'll spend the day on the computer reading & researching.

15. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Not much going on today; it's overcast and rain is coming. I'll probably vacuum downstairs and then I have a grocery order coming at 2 p.m. Hubby is going to the storage facility to check on the RV and exercise the generator, but I think I'll skip that. :D

Marie Mallery and Hedi Mitchell like this.