Tell Me What Kind Of Day You Will Have Today. Here's Mine

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Lon Tanner, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Half a bottle drunk and being one not use to drinking I am a bit lit with a half bottle to go or to toss. To toss or not to toss is the question. I have already taken my bra off and the afternoon is young. Watching the "Free State of Jones" and now refilling my glass.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Dang; I wish I could have a beer. :( (Well... I could have one but it would taste like puke and my liver doesn't need it right now. Sigh.) Enjoy your afternoon, Faye.

Faye Fox likes this.
  3. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

You too hun! I should have tossed this champagne and bought some beer! This stuff is crap.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  4. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I have lots of canning rings to take off the beans and carrots we canned yesterday. Usually we take the rings off soon after they cool down but instead of that we decided to argue instead so now after TKO I have to finish up .
    This is the first time we have seen the sun shine brightly in months so maybe the grass will get cut too.ggsThen its time to vacuum and mop the floors. We already let the 4 hens out and gathered the 3 eggs. I need to hose down the front porch but will see.

Frank Sanoica and John Brunner like this.
  5. Marie Mallery

Registered

Got all rings washed put up,jar washed off ,potato's peeled and cooked 'potato salad' cole slaw made .its been a busy day too busy my neck hurts. time to take a break.Not so sure about porch cleaning yet.

John Brunner likes this.
  6. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I'm trying to decide if I need to buy mylar bags for some medium-term storage or if my vacuum seal bags will be sufficient. Vacuum bags are tougher but mylar is air-tight. I also can't decide if my vacuum machine's heat strip is sufficient to seal mylar or if I'd have to buy a special sealer. I'm stocking up on canned goods and some basics (flour, sugar, rice) to cover the next year or two in anticipation of inflation and possible supply interruptions.

Last night I portioned out leftover red cabbage I cooked and froze it so I could vacuum seal it today. I did the same with a couple of servings of baked beans (I mix two different flavors so always have several servings left.) I made some apple bars yesterday (my 4th batch...these things are gonna kill me but they're better than store-bought cookies) and froze those today.

I trimmed my two tomato plants to cut off the suckers, and cut some shoots off of the (8) nearly-dead chive plants I was given a week or two ago...they're coming along nicely (yesterday I removed the supports I made to help them recover.) I also threw a little fertilizer in all of the above and topped it off with some extra potting soil. Pretty soon I gotta figure out what to do with these tomatoes.

I need to call my 401(k) place and see how to move dollars into something that's not exposed to stocks or bonds...I don't think they have any set offerings that do that. I was also reading where I could "borrow"money from myself and pay myself the interest...I might see if I can do this to pay off my bank car loan (3 years to go) and finance it through me. Last night I put together a list of questions for both the 401(k) provider and the brokerage firm my account is connected to (it all sounds bigger than it really is, but I gotta protect what little I got.) I was gonna call them today. For some reason I'm procrastinating (actually, the reason is that it's me.) I still may call this afternoon. Or tomorrow.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  7. Marie Mallery

Registered

I think I put this up without noticing the other thread 'Hows Your Day'.
    You seem to be busy too.
    We store a little extra but not much in case of inflation or worse.
    Have you read up any on the Bit Coins? I read it may be safe but we don't save so really don't know much about it. But I do beleive in paying off all we can and getting out of debt just in case.

John Brunner likes this.
  8. John Brunner

I've been very lucky. The only debt I have (other than the recurring home & vehicle taxes in Virginia) is a car I bought 2 years ago...I have 3 years left on the payments. I've read about BitCoin, but it seems that by the time I get serious about something like that, it's at its peak. Besides, I don't trust online banks that lack a brick & mortar presence, so BitCoin would be a leap for me. I don't know why I feel that way. Just old-school I guess. A "real" bank can go belly-up just as easily as an online one can.

I'm only storing up because lots of folks are expecting prices to rise. Since an Aldi grocery store opened up near me, stocking up is not gonna break my bank. Aldi sells cane sugar for less than my local Walmart sells their house brand of regular granulated sugar. I've already bought canned goods...it's the semi-perishables (beans, flour, sugar, rice) I gotta get sealed up.

9. John Brunner

I forgot...if you want these comments merged in with that existing thread, just click "Report" on your first comment and fill in the box, asking to have them all moved. This happens all the time on internet forums. Ken is pretty good about keeping it clean.

10. Marie Mallery

Registered

Like Isaid we don't save in banks or online so I don't know.
    Thanks John yes I tghink I need to do that and let Ken put it wherever it is suppose to be.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  11. Marie Mallery

Registered

report @Ken Anderson I think I made a mistake putting this up will you move it to its rightful forum ot thread please,Thank You

12. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Unless someone already moved it, the Not Sure Where It Goes section is always a good place to start threads when you're not sure where they would go. Oh, I see; yeah, if there is another thread with a similar topic, I can merge it. That is, if I can find the other thread, as How's, Your, and Day are not words that can be easily searched for.

13. Marie Mallery

Registered

Yes I think it is on thr ' Hows Your Day' do you agree ? I'm not sure so I ask you .It doesn't matter to me if its moved.

14. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

If I ever come across a thread called How's Your Day, I'll merge them then, but I don't have a clue as to where it might be.

15. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered