Tell Me What Kind Of Day You Will Have Today. Here's Mine

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Lon Tanner, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Marie Mallery

We don't either; we have nothing to save anywhere, 'cept our wits and they are spread pretty thin!

Frank

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

3. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Beth its raining here too a real heavy downpour. Good thing a little bit of grass was mowed earlier.

4. Marie Mallery

Registered

Resting today from all the work last couple days.
    All I did was make salmon patties to go with all the potato salad and coleslaw we made yesterday.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Salmon patties sound good, Marie. I was thinking about making tuna patties a few days ago. I have too many cans of tuna in the pantry and need to use them up.

I was outside watering patio plants and OMG, it is HOT out there. I didn't have any inclination to loiter and got back into the AC. Need to clean the bathrooms but noting a lack of enthusiasm there.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  6. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Two mornings out of the year I somewhat dread and both are when I go to the local VA Clinic. Why? Both times, to get lab work done and I can't have anything to drink, except water before going. Have to wait until after the labs are done to get my first cup of gold (coffee) and breakfast. And then, I have to make sure that I drink enough water in order to give a urine sample after the blood draw. I was worried about the urine, but was able to do it (Thank God).

Then, I had to stick around to get my hearing tested. Talk about a complete/fabulous hearing test. The VA Hearing Doctor was much, much better than the person that done my testing back in 2017. The hearing in my left ear was almost non-existent, even with the online-bought hearing aids that I have. Come to find out, I had a buildup of wax right up against the eardrum, that the doctor was able to remove with a high-pressure water spray.

And, the great news, I'm getting a new pair of hearing aids from the VA at no cost to us. The doctor done a foam-mold of the inside of each ear, so that means the inside ear part of my new hearing aids will be formed specifically for my ears.

7. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Tell Me What Kind Of Day You Will Have Today asked Lon Tanner
    I am still waiting on my crystal ball. I am not sure why the delay, but it is a precision custom instrument and I must contain my excitement. I can tell you what kind of day I have had in a few hours, or currently what kind of day I am having. Currently it semi sucks. Breaking in new super-duper premium dentures is hell with the big H. The dentist has them close, but I have to endure this injustice till Monday to see if the spots he touched up are still aggravating the sore spots. I took extra good care of my teeth all my life, but due to genetics, they were beyond saving at age 68. So let me take this opportunity to say I don't deserve this old age torture, but it could be worse so I will just shut up about it right now.

Bobby Cole and Marie Mallery like this.
  8. Marie Mallery

Registered

They are quick and we make enough to last for several meals or snacks so we don't cook everyday.
    I never tried th tuna patties guess they are about the same.I will have to try them out.

9. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I Have mailed my Absentee Ballot for the Rcall Election of our state govenor Newsom.

10. Lon Tanner

Registered

Up early to prepare for two medical appointments at 9 Am & 11 Am, shower, take my pills,dress, go to dining room for coffee and juice, wait for Oakmont driver and car to take me for my physical therapy treatment to my arm and legs for Lymphedema.Finished appointment and waiting for Oakmont driver to pick me up and take me to my 11 Am appointment. Arrive at Cancer Care Clinic and wait for lab tests to be done before seeing doctor. Now seeing doctor who tells me my last lab tests look good and my cancer is in remission.Next appointment with Oncologist is scheduled for December 7th 2021. It's now1 PM and I am waiting for the Oakmont driver to take me back to my nest for lunch. I am hungry since I had such a light breky. It's now 3:320 PM and I am in my apartment sitting in my recliner checking emails and junk live mail

11. Lon Tanner

Registered

My bed has been stripped and linens taken away to be washed. Bed has been re made with fresh linens. Living room and bedroom have been vacumed and dusted. Bathroom shower, toilet & sink have been scrubbed and cleaned. Washed and dried towels and clothing have been folded and put away in clothets closet.
    I have no social activites planned for the rest of the day and will read a book and watch a movie until dinner time.

12. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

wonderful.

13. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Hey Lon...quit being so sketchy and brief and tell us more about your day in detail!

Hal

John Brunner likes this.
  14. Lon Tanner

Registered

Would you rather I not share what living here is like?

15. Marie Mallery

Registered

Thats good all nice,clean up and tidy.