Tell Me What Kind Of Day You Will Have Today. Here's Mine

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Lon Tanner, Mar 4, 2021.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Tomorrow I'll be making my annual delivery of leftover church yard sale stuff to Goodwill. We sold over $1,600 worth of stuff!!! It will all get plowed right back into the local community.

Last year I took it to a HUGE G.W. facility in Charlottesville. Both my pickup truck and my trailer were piled high. I don't know why I drove all that way. I think someone gave me bad advice about the local one's capacity. Or maybe the local one was more COVID-impacted than Charlottesville. I swung by the local G.W. today and was told there is no limit on how much I can drop off. So I'll hook my trailer up to my truck tomorrow AM and git 'er dun.

I kinda got mixed feelings about it. This local G.W. really rips people off. I see stuff priced higher than regular retail. If I go to a random G.W. in Charlottesville, I see similar stuff (usually housewares) for half of what the guy in this small county charges...and he should have lower rents.

Von Jones and Beth Gallagher like this.
  2. John Brunner

Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Still waiting on the dishwasher installer and it looks like it's about to pour down rain. I hope he has a covered truck because according to Lowe's he has picked it up. ohnoes.GIF

I got a new down blanket for my upcoming automatic bed, so I have it in the wash. The excitement around here is palpable. I need to check on status of the bed delivery; when I ordered it said 2-4 weeks but I'm getting antsy. Guess I need to recruit the husband to help me move the new mattress today (because apparently I am now a wimp) so I can finally get that carpet shampooed and the baseboards wiped down.

Yvonne Smith and John Brunner like this.
  4. John Brunner

We wouldn't want that dishwasher to get wet now, would we?

5. Beth Gallagher

Registered

No, we certainly would not. :D The installer got here about 10 minutes ago...woohoo! He probably wishes he could banish my hubby to another area of the house right about now.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  6. John Brunner

You don't leave those people alone for one minute! Just because he's not doing it himself does not mean it don't get done proper.

We all got stories...

Von Jones likes this.
  7. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Oh, you know he's all up in there with his head stuck in the cabinet. [​IMG] I think he's still sulking that I paid for installation, but that doesn't mean he's not supervising the operation. (I thought after the Bosch fiasco he might start throwing tools.)

8. John Brunner

My house had been remodeled by the prior owner...an out-of-state investor. I had been in for a few years and happened to stick my head under the crawl space when I was doing a load of laundry. The entire place was flooded with soapy water!!! The plumbers who "remodeled" merely shoved two pipes together without joining them properly and tried to hold them with plumber's strap (merely meant to hang pipes from the floor joists.) Several years of dumping the laundry machine into the crawlspace...

I was still working and didn't want to mess with it, so I hired a local plumber to fix it. After he was done I went under to inspect. He did the same damned thing the other guy did!!! He did not joint the pipes together properly, either. He reused the strap the old guy cobbled together.

So off to Lowe's I went, spent about an hour under there, and did it right.

Yvonne Smith and Von Jones like this.
  9. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Well, that was fast. The installer got 'er dun in spite of being supervised. He said he's been doing this for 15 years so it's pretty much slam, bam, thank-you-ma'am. He was glad to see hub's pristine plumbing and electrical work. :D The Kitchenaid is humming away down there, very quiet and so far, so good. The kitchen has that "new appliance smell."

And the installer told hub he had the most call-backs to pick up Bosch dishwashers. Hmmmm.

10. Beth Gallagher

Registered

So today with the hubby's help I finally got that mattress and a few other things removed from the spare bedroom. I cleaned the window blinds in there and then the ceiling fan and baseboards. Tomorrow I'll shampoo the carpet and that room will be "ready to roll" when the automatic bed frame finally arrives.

Bobby Cole and John Brunner like this.
  11. John Brunner

Today I looked at the $hithole I live in and said "I wish I was Beth."

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  12. Beth Gallagher

Registered

No you don't, because then you'd have breast cancer. :p

Bobby Cole and John Brunner like this.
  13. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I just got one of those annoying surveys about my shopping experience with QVC. When will they learn to not send surveys to me??? So the questions are multiple choice and when I selected my answer, the next question was "why did you select that response?" so I typed in "because I can." :D

14. John Brunner

The only one I mess with is Walmart, because I might win a gift card (up to $1,000) each time I do.

The surveys are rather valueless, because they start out "Tell us about your recent visit." I'm up there 3 times a week, and it's not until 2/3 the way through when they ask about specific products I purchased, and then I realize "You mean that visit!!!"

15. Beth Gallagher

Registered

The grocery chain that delivers my groceries every week sends a survey EVERY SINGLE TIME. I answered a couple of them but now they are an automatic "delete."

John Brunner likes this.