The Art Of Listening / Subtitled Bad Pharmacy Experiences

Discussion in 'Make Me Laugh' started by John Brunner, May 24, 2021.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

My doctor put my on a new drug last October, and from Day One the prescription has been messed up with CVS Caremark and my mail order script provider. Refills have been cancelled, then refills have been duplicated/triplicated/ quadruplicated. Corrections get processed in whatever manner the computer is programmed to process them, regardless of what Customer Service and I think we've fixed. In addition to mail order refills, I get out-of-the-blue text messages from my local CVS store that "Your refill is ready to pick up," so I go grab whatever they'll give me whenever they'll give it.

So I was in CVS a few days ago picking up such a refill, explaining my tale of woe to the woman behind the counter. There was a man in line behind me, and as I was leaving I thought he said something to me about suspending the refills. So I explained what I had done to fix the mess, and how I was afraid to touch it because doing so always seems to make it worse, and I just grab whatever they give me whenever they give it to me, etc.

He patiently listened, then said "I asked where you got those suspenders."

*sigh*

Last edited: May 24, 2021
  2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

This has nothing to do with listening, but in my time-honored tradition I'll hijack the thread anyhow. :D

The oncologist's office called in three prescriptions for chemo side-effects the day before I started the harsh stuff last week. On the day of chemo, my husband drove to Walgreens to pick them up and they'd only give him 2 of the 3. They said the doctor's office hadn't specified that the 3rd one was for chemo, and the insurance only covered it for "use after chemo." :rolleyes: So he paid for that one out of pocket ($87) because he knew I'd need that anti-nausea medication.

We have been calling Walgreens, the doctor's office and our prescription drug coverage company for a week, trying to get this sorted out. How ridiculous is it that on the label for the pills, it SAYS "dosage twice a day for use after chemotherapy." Of course the other two prescriptions are also for use after chemotherapy, but why confuse the issue with more facts? o_O

I'm dreading my next chemo because I'll need a refill of this damn prescription, and I hold no hope that Walgreens will have their lame act together by then. I'm sure we'll never see that $87 again, either. :mad:

[​IMG]

4. Beth Gallagher

Registered

5. John Brunner

My urologist put me on a med that should not have really helped--given the underlying issue--but it has. It has an out-of-pocket cost of about $10/month. Usually a recurring script automatically gets placed on the mail order program, but this one didn't. I called the mail order company and had it put on mail order, and asked the rep if I could keep the open 30 day refill I still have at the store for emergencies. She said "Sure." The computer cancelled it. Then my doctor wanted me to double up for a month, so she entered another 30 day script. They refused to fill it, because "it wasn't time yet." I think the doc and the company went back & forth, and that's how so many scripts got entered. I looked in my online CVS account and did not see this many scripts. It's weird.

The stupid thing is I initiated the mess by trying to put it on mail order to save money, but the monthly cost was exactly the same. Screw me.

Regarding your issue: It's a drug for chemo patients, a$$hole$!!! All of this "It wasn't coded properly" crap is the wet dream of every bureaucrat who measures success by the number of "Nos" said in any given day. Of course, caring humans cannot fix it, so that will eventually disabuse them of even trying, making a Sisyphean task of it all.

6. Beth Gallagher

Registered

@John Brunner -- you should edit your thread title to include "bad pharmacy experiences." :D

7. John Brunner

Done.

Hedi Mitchell and Beth Gallagher like this.
  8. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I have had nothing but continual problems with CVS and will switching in June to a pharmacy service that deals exclusively with residents of assisted living.

Hedi Mitchell and Tony Page like this.
  9. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I thought you were using Amazon's pharmacy thing?

10. John Brunner

There goes my anecdote...

11. Beth Gallagher

Registered

12. John Brunner

But he really meant...
    [​IMG]

Tony Page and Beth Gallagher like this.
  13. Joe Smith

Joe Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

priceless

Beth Gallagher and John Brunner like this.
  14. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

This will not have the humor like you all have shown - but three weeks ago dermatologist ordered Mark prescription for athletics feet . Now keep in mind same doctor treated me for same thing two years ago, and the medicine was cheap. But Marks is $600 and insurance will not pay! Really? No S$%^ Serlock - neither will we. Insurance is supposedly still trying to find replacement medicine.
    In the meantime seems this doctor is not even on our plan anymore- fine never liked him anyway..
    I had discovered so new moles on my back that looked a bit odd. Found new Dermo doctor. moles are fine, while there told him I was looking for new doctor, and why. He said do not ever pay for any medicine over $75. Second have hubby treat his feet everyday regardless of no break out. Gave me a name of OTC stuff, Marks foot almost healed and still have not heard from insurance company or previous doctor. Guess who we will be seeing in the future ;)

15. John Brunner

You gotta be kidding. Makes you glad you didn't spend the $600, huh?

Just so infuriating...

Joe Smith, Jim Brown and Tony Page like this.