The Attack Of Mosquitoes

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Corie Henson, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I have noticed that the mosquitoes here seem to be relentless in their attacks. Just 2 months ago, there was the cases of dengue fever brought about by mosquito bites. A friend's daughter was afflicted and we even gave her the herb that purportedly cures dengue (we have a lot of that herb growing in our yard).

Now it is the turn of chikungunya, another type of fever which is spread by mosquito bites. Isn't it that the zika virus is also spread by mosquitoes? We have a case of zika in the province of Cebu the other week. Maybe it's about time that the government does something to the problem because mosquitoes are hard to control, they multiply so fast.

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't have a mosquito problem but in my neighborhood watch app I read that they were bad this year. Maybe I didn't have any because I have Pest Control come and spray every month and that kills them.

I also don't have standing water laying around at all, so that helps keep them away also.

I've barely had any Mosquitos since I moved here. There seemed to be more in the Midwest.