The Big Bang Theory - Is It Science Or Just A Sitcom?

Discussion in 'Science & Nature' started by Ken Anderson, Sep 10, 2022.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

According to this video, the Big Bang Theory has been disproven.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2023
    Marie Mallery likes this.
  2. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I just saw that.
    In a very unscientific way at lunch with the girls, I said, with the big bang, how do we know which way to send the telescopes to watch the universe expanding away from us? Won't some of the universe be expanding toward us?
    I know, I am such a girlie girl.

3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The Big Bang, along with evolution and a number of other things, are just ways for some to substitute one religion for another. The "atheists" try to find a way around a Divine Being despite a lot of evidence to the contrary, which they want to ignore and make the whole thing Human Centered, just as the Church tried to do centuries ago, but this timer it is the anti-church people doing it. I'm glad to see that they themselves have demonstrated a flaw in their logic.

4. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

That Webb telescope will certainly get us thinking. Gives us new frontiers to pay attention to. Wish it could take our minds off of some of the negativity around.

Don Alaska and Marie Mallery like this.
  5. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't think they know what they are talking about.

6. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Veteran Member
    Registered

I was hoping this thread would be about Kaley Cuoco. ;):)o_O

John Brunner and Marie Mallery like this.
  7. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Only "The Shadow" knows! :p The big bang theory is just that, a theory. :rolleyes:

8. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

There’s a fascinating talk about cosmology and origins of the universe. I’ve watched it several times. If you don’t want to watch the whole thing, you can skip to the 9 minute to see his simple illustration about how the universe is expanding away from us in all directions. If you can find the time, it really is awe inspiring. There’s one point where the audience just kind of goes dead silent upon realizing what he’s saying.

Nancy Hart likes this.
  9. Richard Whiting

Richard Whiting Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I can't demonstrate any new thing, BUT it seems to me that since entire galaxies are moving away from us, they had to start from somewhere AND something had to cause the start of their journey. The Big Bang ?

My personal theory is that gravitational forces eventually cause all matter to come together. If so, that could cause a massive nuclear explosion. This, in my opinion happens over and over and over again.

10. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

If everything is moving away from us, doesn't that imply that we are the center of the universe? It's a rather arrogant thought. As @Mary Stetler said, certainly things should mo moving towards us aw well as away. Or if everything is moving at the same speed, then relatively speaking everything is stationary.

Don Alaska likes this.
  11. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I'm still wondering if that chicken came before the egg. I guess at some point it was all started as a dinosaur, that is well known and possibly the answer to the chicken and egg question. Maybe the chicken first started at the very end of the evolution period dinosaur to birds and the rest is history.

12. Richard Whiting

Registered

No way do I think of earth as the center of the universe. Think of an explosion. Things fly in all directions, yes? No matter which piece you look at, everything is flying AWAY from it.

John Brunner likes this.
  13. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Things are only moving away form the source of the explosion. That is one of the flaws in the Big Bang Theory. There should be things flying along side us as well as a vector away from us, but that does not seem to be what is occurring. I don't think we are the center of the universe, but I have doubts about the big bang theory as well.

14. Richard Whiting

Registered

Things ARE flying along side us: our own solar system AND the rest of our own galaxy.

Beth Gallagher and John Brunner like this.
  15. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I watched a majority of the video and I kinda went dead too at a couple of points because my brain was going…..huh?
    No form of maths can have a minus or plus zero: It’s simply 0 or rather, nothing.
    What we commonly call the vacuum of space is not an absolute vacuum where there are no particulates of any form (nothing) and no value of any kind can be derived from an absolute vacuum except…0.
    To me, he’s finding a positive quantitative value in 0 which is about the only thing that blows my mind because it can’t be done.

Kinda like the old story about the devil saying that he too could make a person from dirt to which God said, sure but the catch is that you have to bring your own dirt.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2023