The End Of The Natural Human?

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Dwight Ward, Apr 22, 2023.

1. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

I am exploring this topic by thought and curiosity. There seems to be no literature or research on it; at least none I have found so far. My idea is simplistic - that transsexualism would like to break the connection between biological gender and 'felt' gender, while transhumanism would question the our inborn idea of ourselves as human and present possibilities of going beyond that. Melding with intelligent machines or with other human minds or a blend of those leads us to what and where? A new species? Might we seek new powers and assume God-like attributes? In this sense transhumanism is an extension or exaggeration of transsexualism, both needing to manipulate our self-perception.

I'm afraid I haven't presented these questions clearly because my own thoughts about them are unclear. I would like to hear anyone's ideas about this topic, while forgiving me for the vague manner in which I present it.

2. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Like Inspector Gadget?

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I was reading today that our basic human dna cannot be patented because it is a natural thing we are born with. However (according to the article), when our dna is modified through a MRNA vaccine/injection, then it has been modified genetically and is now considered to be a trans human dna, since it is no longer the natural one we were born with.
    Since it has been artificially modified, this dna can now be patented, and owned by whomever patents it.

This is hopefully not so, but is pretty scary if there is any truth to it.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

To me, transsexualism is a means to cultivate a new primal directive in another direction other than procreation. Saying that we can authentically change our gender identity is in direct defiance of that which is elemental in all life forms.

Transhumanism? Seems to me that we humans have been envisioning such a thing for centuries by the mere fact that much of science fiction and humanistic mythological characters are built upon extraordinary species resembling humans but are contextually superior.
    Note: Captain America is an example of a weak human who was chemically transformed into something greater than human which had some validity because the Nazi’s in WWII were attempting to build a master race based on genetic linage and possible reassignment.

All that said, transhumanism isn’t a bridge too far when we examine the present day idea that humans can somehow be “melded” with AI, through genetic alterations or both.

5. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

The UK is further along with the Brave New World / 1984 / New World Order scenario than we are.

Babies have been born using DNA from three parents for the first time in the United Kingdom, the country’s fertility regulator has confirmed.

The babies were born using the pioneering mitochondrial donation treatment (MDT), which is used by individuals with severe mitochondrial disease to avoid passing the condition on to their children, the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority (HFEA) said.

Mitochondria are the tiny parts of almost every cell in your body and act like the powerhouse of cells, converting sugar and oxygen into energy that the cells need to function properly, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

However, in individuals who have mitochondrial diseases, the mitochondria cannot efficiently turn sugar and oxygen into energy, meaning that various parts of the body such as the kidneys, muscles, heart, eyes, ears, and others, are not able to function properly.

The condition can be both mild or serious, according to the CDC.

HFEA confirmed to The Guardian, following a Freedom of Information request, that a “small number of babies” have been born in the UK using mitochondrial donation transfer.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/health/1st-babies-born-in-uk-to-3-parents_5254676.html

6. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

From the article:

******************************************​
    Under MDT—essentially a modified version of in vitro fertilization—eggs or embryos are created using nuclear genetic material, or DNA, and mitochondria donated from the healthy egg of a second woman, preventing the child from inheriting the incurable condition.

While the babies will have the majority of their DNA from their two parents, 0.1 percent of its DNA, or roughly 37 genes, will come from the healthy egg provided by the second woman, according to the UK’s Department of Health (pdf), hence the term “three-parent babies.”

******************************************​

One could argue that in virto fertilization was a larger Brave New World step. But I can see how DNA swapping for this laudable purpose can hone the technology for "Designer Babies." And then there shall be the intended public outcry to "do something." And of course governments will be glad to usurp even more power over us. And the everyday citizen shall lose even more of their rights while the purported problem continues unabated, much as prescription drug abuse has limited our ability to get needed painkillers while drug users will always find another source, and much as gun laws only impact the law-abiding.

And yet we continue to cry out for "something to be done."

7. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

CRISPR-Cas9, and similar technologies, is going to be the Pandora’s box of human directed evolution. There are, I believe, incalculable downstream effects of such mucking about.

“Last year, Jiankui He, a researcher at the Southern University of Science and Technology in Guandong, China announced the birth of twins whose genomes he had manipulated by CRISPR-Cas9 to have non-functional CCR5. This editing was made in an effort to protect the infants against HIV infection. This unregulated experiment immediately generated massive concern over the moral impact of this human experiment and earned universal condemnation for advancing to human experimentation without adequate safety precautions and assessments.”

“However, to ensure at least the methodological safety of using CRISPR-Cas9 in humans, two technical aspects must be met: total understanding of the gene being altered and complete control over off target effects of CRISPR-Cas9 editing. Editing of CCR5 does not fit the first requirement as those homozygous for the CCR5-Δ32 mutation have unexpected negative effects such as earlier clinical manifestations for West Nile infection [23], four-fold likelihood of mortality from influenza infections [24], and disadvantageous osteoclast function [25]. In addition, multiple publications have reported unexpected off-target mutations generated by CRISPR-Cas9. Although one retracted publication demonstrated few unexpected mutational events [26], one study found rare but notable mutations [27], several others found large deletions [28, 29], while another found unexplainable complex deletions and insertions in mice generated by CRISPR-Cas9 [30]. As such, the CCR5 twins need to be monitored both for possible known effects, such as an increased susceptibility to influenza infection, abnormal bone growth and other immunological conditions, and also require close monitoring of their general growth and development for unanticipated effects.”

https://cellandbioscience.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13578-020-00410-6

Last edited: May 10, 2023