The Growing Danger Of Russia And China

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Jo White, Nov 27, 2021.

?

Russia and China vs a divided United States: Could it spell the end of democracy?

1. Yes, if Russia and China form an alliance, democracy is toast.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, the United States can and will prevail.

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. Russia and China are just making noise, they'll never form an alliance.

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Jo White

Jo White Well-Known Member
    Registered

A couple of years ago I saw that Russia and China were engaging in war games. At the time it seemed like a massive portent of bad things to come. My view has not changed, countries do not engage in war games unless they are seriously considering an alliance.

Are they taking advantage of a badly polarized United States? Or simply taking advantage of a president who is not necessarily fit to be a war president?

Neither Russia nor China have the disadvantage of being paralyzed by the prevailing Fear of Everything now seen in all democratic nations. We have become so fearful: Fear of climate change, fear of covid, fear of anything the media cooks up. They also do not suffer from severe polarization as seen stateside, because as with all non-democratic regimes polarization is effectively repressed.

What can be done? I maintain that the U.S. stands alone as the defender of democracy. She has allies, but those allies either have too few resources to do much good or have leaders who are not prepared to step up. How could the United States singlehandedly take on an aggressive Russia/China alliance?

Article in today's National Post:

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/co...in-the-face-of-a-belligerent-russia-and-china

2. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

I believe that even if Russia and China form an alliance the US is not doomed.

Jo White and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

IMO the biggest threat to our country is our leaders. Apathy and complacentcy for many years didn't help us either.

Laura Jones and Jo White like this.
  4. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Communist countries, not to mention dictatorships, are inherently dangerous, especially so when hungry for strategic materials and locations.

Laura Jones and Jo White like this.
  5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I wouldn't doubt that the people behind our president are working in concert with China. The greatest danger to our Republic (not Democracy) is our leaders, including many from both political parties.

6. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

War games are used in part to show strength to the rest of the world while China considers going after Taiwan and Russia eyes Ukraine, and Brandon, after imposing sanctions, takes a nap.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  7. James Hintze

James Hintze Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I need some clarification here. Are there communist countries that are not dictatorships? Russia is certainly a dictatorship, but is it communist?

8. Jo White

Registered

Yes, definitely to show strength, but it also shows a potential alliance in a case like this. Whereas China or Russia standing alone would not get far, together I feel they would be formidable.

Also, the truth of 'united we stand, divided we fall' is evident, and there can be no doubt that both China and Russia are fully aware of - and likely have contributed to - the growing polarization seen in the U.S.. Most democracies are showing the strain of some degree of polarization. The question is, what has caused it, and what can be done about it. It was there stateside with a Republican president, and it is there now with a Democrat president. I think this goes deeper than just inept/corrupt/out of touch government.

Ed Wilson and Don Alaska like this.
  9. Bruce Andrew

Bruce Andrew Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Agree.

I believe the Marxist ideology is firmly planted in the US and has been for a long time. And it has gained massive power and support from tens of millions of duped Americans in the past almost two years.

We are being taken over from within; no need for a bloody war. If anything, the war games are just a distraction.

10. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

If Russia and China decided to attack us, we would be quickly defeated, but I don't think they have much to gain from that, especially China who can now push us in any way they choose and have taken over some professional sports here and most of the media and big tech. Our aircraft carriers, in which we have invested most of our naval budget and around which we have centered much of our naval and military strategy are like the battleships of 1939-40. They will be at the bottom of the ocean within a week or so of real hostilities. I can't really speak to the rest of our military, but the naval leadership and preparedness is terribly inept. One person I know in the Navy said that when he served onboard ships, there were only a couple of officers that were competent, and they had to shoulder the entire burden of command, so he transferred into a shore-based specialty so he wouldn't have to deal with that and put his life on the life for nothing.

11. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

China needs the U.S. to buy the crap it manufactures and as a source of technology so it can become dominant. It’s really just about dominance, and at one time all out war was how it was achieved, but it’s different in the modern world.

Putin however longs for the Soviet days and seeks dominance by force, so he’s just being a pain in the ass.

12. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

China already owns the USA government and controls nearly all the manufacture of our medications, clothes, technology, etc., so why would they care to form an alliance with Russia? China isn't interested in starting a war, they would have nothing to gain.

Don Alaska and Ed Wilson like this.
  13. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

By definition, a communist country is governed by one party. The extent to which that one party is absolutely controlled by a single individual (i.e., dictator) probably varies somewhat but the answer to your question is essentially "No."

14. Jo White

Registered

Agreed that economically China is in control of far too much worldwide, and one has to wonder why nobody seemed to notice and stop it before it got so far out of hand.

Always seemed they would 'win the war' economically because they've proven to be awfully good at doing so. I would not have suspected a possible alliance with Russia except for two things, a) the war games and b) together they would make a formidable force. The 'why' would be world domination, I'd think.

I would prefer to think they would ultimately not make good bedfellows, however there have been stranger bedfellows in the past (U.S. and Russia just one example). And bedfellows make good, even if temporary, inroads toward domination.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  15. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

China has a large population to feed. They buy up fertile land all over thje world,lately they've bought land in America and Africa.
    China has bacially taken over Africas resources if my info is correct.

Don Alaska and Jo White like this.