The Killer Across The Table

Discussion in 'Reading & Writing' started by Bill Boggs, Jan 27, 2022.

1. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

That’s what I’m reading. It is a nonfiction about an FBI Profiler. One, of my great granddaughters graduated
    high school and will start her study of criminology with the ideal of becoming a police profiler. She is going to a Texas college that trains a lot of police investigators. She has a sister enrolled at Texas Tech but I don’t know her field of study. I told her it sounded exciting and fun to study. I will understani a little more when
    I finish this book.

2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I know the profilers do interview the serial killers to gather data, but I also know it is nothing like what is portrayed on Criminal Minds.

Joe Riley likes this.
  3. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

No, of course not. Police profilers all over the country help local police find killers and guilty parties.
    My great grand daughter may well change her mind, maybe several times but the study of crimnology
    is a worthwhile field of study, in my opininon. If not a profiler she might someday be a top investigator
    in one of Texas larger cities or who knows or she might be a home maker Her choice.

4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

No education is wasted. If nothing else, it adds to who we are as people, which should be the primary goal. I can see lots of stuff she'd learn through such a curriculum that would have a ton of job/life applicability.

I can hear the well-justified pride in your voice, Bill.

Ed Wilson, Joe Riley and Don Alaska like this.