The Mini Trampoline Thread: Recommendations, Use, Exercise Motivation

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Yvonne Smith, Jun 14, 2021.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I just learned something as I got ready to respond to your comment.

I still have my Craftsman toolbox (and most of the tools) I got 50+ years ago. I knew that at one point manufacturing got moved to China (and Taiwan.) I just learned that Stanley Black & Decker bought the brand in 2017 and has moved most of manufacturing back to the states (plants in 14 states right now.) They planned on moving hand tool manufacturing to new plants in Texas and Virginia in 2020. I cannot find out if that actually happened. The Craftsman website shows those 2 manufacturing locations as "Coming Soon."

Gee, I might start buying Craftsman again.

Marie Mallery and Sunny Bonet like this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

You might want to do more research, @Beth Gallagher . This cancer website. (And a couple others I found by googling) suggest that it can be very helpful for lymph gland cancer, and definitely does not spread the cancer.

https://cancerv.me/2018/12/05/rebounder-benefits-for-cancer/

3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks, Yvonne. Unfortunately most results from a "does rebounding spread lymph node cancer" query end up with bloggers and "opinions." I'm still not convinced, plus my heart rate goes crazy if I walk too fast. :D

4. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Been a little over a month since I bought the trampoline. I still think leaving in the living room is best place. When I see it I remind myself - must use- did not buy to become a dump for laundry:)
    Still only using twice a day, but stopped using timer and only rely on a clock for time limit. The reason is to see how much longer i will stay on. About extra 2.5 minutes.
    Plus using in front of tv helps if your watching a program you like- or listening to music. Unfortunately this movement does nothing for the weight, but I truly believe it helps circulation. My right foot and ankle has no swelling now when used everyday . Still gives me a feeling of more energy.
    My only personal issues, is I would like to actually get more movement on . I do not seem to be able to do a minute of each set of moves. For instance moving from side to side for a full minute. But I am working on that. This is my update on my rebounding for now. Keep it moving ;)

5. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Update -. A few days ago, I must have done something wrong on the trampoline. I was doing a waist twisty like movement, and I think that is what kept me down for two days. I literally stayed in recliner the first day with the heating pad all d ay until bedtime, Took some Aleve. Next day was much better but no rebounding . Yesterday i only went once on trampoline. Today Will try to least get back to two times a day for next few days. Not giving up , just will have to be more careful.
    My left leg and foot for past year was swelling up daily. Heart doctor knows all about it. I have had very little swelling and have not had to wear compression socks in over a month. So something has got to be working on circulating the blood flow better in my clogged up body;) For that alone is worth the jump:)

6. John Brunner

I was gonna ping you for an update, Gloria. I may be in the minority, but I'm happier seeing you push the envelope than going the other direction! I am amazed at how your body is responding to this level of activity.

I have an appointment early next month to have my hamstring issues looked at, so I should be joining you soon.

7. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

@Sunny Bonet - so how is the trampoline working for you ?
    @John Brunner - let us know when you can get started on the trampoline

Sunny Bonet and John Brunner like this.
  8. John Brunner

My appointment to see the sports health guys about my hamstrings is Sept 10.

Last week I made an appointment to see an audiologist, I get in to see them in November!

9. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

:( rats

Sunny Bonet and John Brunner like this.
  10. Sunny Bonet

Sunny Bonet Well-Known Member
    Registered

Hi Gloria and thanks for asking, but i've had to lay off the trampoline for the last few weeks because of other issues! :( I'll get back to it though. I can say that I wasn't reaping the benefits that you have, but maybe I was expecting too much too soon. I am happy to say that I've at least started walking again, though.:D

11. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Since my cancerous lymph node is now officially "missing in action," I'm getting back on the ole' rebounder for a few minutes a day.

12. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

These guys help us with movement and it seems to work if we work it.
    I think using out own body movement workd ok. I like to listen to music anddane although I know some can't hear well so thats not an option.
    It aalso helps me with this Covid isolation like taking a little trip without leaving the farm so to speak.
    I but these gadgets but seldom stay with it but just hearing music makes me want to move.

Last gadget we bought,

[​IMG]

John Brunner likes this.
  13. John Brunner

The only exercise routines I was ever able to maintain are those that involve another person, like playing racquetball or going on bike rides with folks. Other than that, I am a master procrastinator.

And I agree with you...even for a guy like me who enjoys his alone time, this whole ordeal has been way too isolating.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  14. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Even those who have hearing problems can enjoy some of the music if they can remember the tune ,sing along with lyrics.

For example I bet most of us remember this song of the early 1960s.
    Like right now I have a song in my head complete with all the notes but I don't remember all the lyrics so I read the lyrics off youTube. ,lol.

click video to watch on YT.

John Brunner likes this.
  15. John Brunner

Heck, most people who think they remember the lyrics only remember what they thought they heard (like me.) That's not a bad idea.

Marie Mallery likes this.