The Mini Trampoline Thread: Recommendations, Use, Exercise Motivation

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Yvonne Smith, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Sunny Bonet

Sunny Bonet Well-Known Member
    Registered

Thanks Gloria! You are just one very important reason I decided to get one, after reading your positive comments. Along with the post from Yvonne showing the trampoline with the balance bar, THAT was huge for me. So happy to hear it is helping you so much! Thanks for the advice, will do. I have to do the same with the inversion therapy...start slow. I think i've finally got it balanced to where i'm comfortable using it alone now. Yay! I can't tell you how excited I am to get started on the trampoline and will for sure post about it. I see how much yours and others posts have encouraged me and again...thanks for that! It really helped more then you all can probably know.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Sunny Bonet .. glad I could help. Looks like you bought the same one [​IMG]

Sunny Bonet likes this.
  3. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

This discussion has almost tempted me to get one of these. It looks like too much fun.
    [​IMG]

4. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Nancy Hart .. it is.. but I am just rebounding, can not do mid air jumps and all that younger gal stuff. The main thing is to keep moving and get the heart rate up some. I like to bounce to tunes from the 70 and 80's:p

Sunny Bonet and Nancy Hart like this.
  5. Nancy Hart

Registered

I'm thinking about where to put it, as we type. And something has to go (out of the house) first. Maybe a chair. It's a new rule I've made. lol

Sunny Bonet and John Brunner like this.
  6. Sunny Bonet

Registered

Good morning, everybody! Well first report on my first day rebounding yesterday. I did it! :) Not a lot to report as far as results...right now in the trial and error phase, in figuring out what works for me. Shoes, no shoes etc. I did it 3 or 4 times barefoot yesterday and felt a little achy in the ankles (nothing requiring a doctor lol) so gonna try it with my tennies today, until I build up more stamina to it. In watching vids on youtube it's done all kinds of ways so I guess like most things, it's just a individual choice...what works for each. And right now i'm going to do it along with watching the 5 minute Granddaughter and Grandmother video...Earth and Owl I think it is. Yep, have the rebounder in front of my tv.

@Gloria Mitchell Yeah they do look alike colors etc...different brand. But in todays markets who knows. Mine is a Balight 40"...I like it a lot. Ended up getting my Son-in-laws help with part of getting it assembled, but really not that difficult. Just required a little more strength at times then I have. Also I'm with you, only doing the rebounding for now...but hey who knows what the future holds, right? Not my goal though.

@Nancy Hart It is FUN though...the first time I got on it, made me smile...:cool: Yep I FOUND or made room for mine as well! Wasn't as difficult as I thought it might be...fit in just fine.
    P.S. I like the image you posted...:D

7. Nancy Hart

Registered

This seems like it would also be a great exercise for balance, because it would strengthen all sorts of different leg muscles that just walking might not.

I've started looking at them on Amazon. :rolleyes:

Sunny Bonet likes this.
  8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

For some reason, when I get on mine now, my heart rate immediately escalates to around 130, and I am only barely bouncing. I don’t know if it is the heart or the pacemaker causing the problem, but obviously, I am going to have to go very slowly to get back into using it again.
    The recently readjusted my pacemaker, and i am wondering if it is just more sensitive, and maybe it can “learn”, just like the Apple Watch does ?

Sunny Bonet likes this.
  9. Sunny Bonet

Registered

I don't know anything about the pacemaker but it makes sense about going slow. I would either ask doc or look up some info online. Seems everything I use and do regarding this type of thing, always recommends going slow. And if it doesn't my body does! lol I don't have a device that checks my heart rate, maybe I should check into that, as well. Good luck!

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  10. Sunny Bonet

Registered

Well I found out my tennies do not work well doing the twisting exercise that is done on the Earth and Owl 5 minute video, lol (Granddaughter/Grandmother) so changed to socks for that one. Still having fun with this. Docs told me after my lung cancer diagnosis on July 2, 2019 that my lung capacity would never be what it was. I'm hoping to prove them wrong! *smiles* I've had some different feelings since starting this yesterday, one was a bad ache in my left arm but didn't last long.

Off to see a movie around 3:30 pm and then go across the lake, on the ferry, after for a beer and play the machines a little...:) Hope everybody is having a wonderful Sunday!

Hedi Mitchell and Beth Gallagher like this.
  11. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm having a similar issue since my heart rate has increased with chemo. My resting HR is now about 80 and any activity at all pushes it over 100. I tried to use my mini-trampoline a couple of days ago and my HR went to 130 VERY quickly. So back to the recliner for me. :(

Yvonne Smith and Sunny Bonet like this.
  12. Sunny Bonet

Registered

Sorry Beth! Yeah mine was up during chemo as well...just now getting back to "my" normal.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  13. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Sunny--thanks. I'm sorry that you had to endure cancer treatment but glad you're getting back to normal. How I miss a good cold beer!!! (And walking without getting short of breath!)

Yvonne Smith and Sunny Bonet like this.
  14. Sunny Bonet

Registered

Thanks Beth! But I so feel for you with it just starting...but stay strong please, and know that it does get better. Yeah I'm still short of breath but I'm sure that a lot of it was from being so sedentary during treatment. Many days I just had no choice. Thank goodness I was never told not to drink,:) were you? I did ask them about it and they said OH NO we wouldn't take that away from you. lol Must have been drinkers themselves.:D I had an awesome team though...as I hope you do.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  15. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Thanks, Sunny. It seems like I've been in treatment forever after 15 chemo treatments. My oncologist doesn't forbid drinking but he is of the opinion that my liver is being taxed enough by the chemo, and I agree. I don't even take a pain pill if I can avoid it at all. On top of that, my taste buds are wonky as hell and things I used to love taste like puke (pardon my graphic description) so I don't want to ruin my love of beer!!

Sunny Bonet likes this.