The Mini Trampoline Thread: Recommendations, Use, Exercise Motivation

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Yvonne Smith, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Sunny Bonet - keep going easy. I can not do twist either in shoes. Shoes do add support but can be a hindering at times. Happy bouncing :)

Sunny Bonet and Bobby Cole like this.
  2. Sunny Bonet

Sunny Bonet Well-Known Member
    Registered

Thanks Gloria. Yeah I think I over did a bit that first day...being so excited and all. Yes agree on the shoes so I just switched to barefoot or socks when needed. Thanks...easy peasy...the Happy Bouncing and right back atcha. :) I'm really enjoying it.

I'm gonna add a pic here rather then posting it separately. I just ran across it and thought it was a pretty cool idea...different anyway and that's me. :) I know the covers come with the mini tramps but I like this noodle idea too...
    noodles for springs on trampoline.jpg

Bobby Cole and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  3. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

The cover keeps feet and toes - maybe leg from falling in between when you jump to the sky and land back down.

4. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

I've been looking at rebounders. Head is spinning. So many to choose from. :eek:

I think I would want springs. Double springs. Don't care that much about noise. And arched legs. Seems more stable. The most serious complaint seems to be the fabric tearing where it's attached to the springs/bungees.

John Brunner and Sunny Bonet like this.
  5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Nancy--I have owned several rebounders/mini-tramps over the years and have never had one tear, even the cheapest model. I think some people are too heavy for the "max load" and end up damaging the fabric that wasn't designed for that much weight.

6. Nancy Hart

Registered

Thanks, Beth. That's good to know.

Looks like I've already picked two things that are almost incompatible: Springs and Arched Legs. Guess I'll drop the springs since there seems to be fewer of them to choose from. ( This is almost like shopping with Ford. )

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  7. Sunny Bonet

Registered

As always, we all need to do our own research and reach our own conclusions as to what works best for us, and/or talk to our doctor.

After Beth mentioned the lymph issue I took a look around and found this:
    https://www.cancertutor.com/rebounding/
    However I think it has a lot of good information for we beginners and others. Again, I hope everybody does their own research. I'm thankful for all the input of those in this thread...it helped me a lot!

@Nancy Hart
    lol I know the feeling about the head spinning while trying to find the one that works for us...You'll be happy when you finally make that decision and start rebounding! I'm gonna throw in the link to the one I got again, because I not only LOVE the balance bar, I think it is very well made and the price was right for me. Well made and safety was more important then price though. I think I got lucky finding both. Good luck!
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Balight-...ndoor-Garden-Workout-Max-Load-330lb/770802720

Nancy Hart likes this.
  8. Nancy Hart

Registered

Sunny, that looks like a good one. It says "clearance" on the Walmart page. One that looks like the same thing on Amazon doesn't have a price, except used, and if you go to the store, it says "unavailable."

Probably I missed out on this one. :(

9. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Sunny--I know that rebounding is good for lymph circulation. To clarify my issue , I have cancer in a lymph node under my arm. At this point I don't wish to circulate the cancer cells in my body any more than necessary, so I'm not sure it's a good idea for me to be rebounding until I have had the cancerous node(s) removed.

From the article you cited... "By activating the one-way valves of the lymphatic system, you cause an increase in lymph circulation by 10 times of what the lymphatic system is able to circulate when you are sitting around doing nothing. So when you bounce on rebounder, or jump on the floor, or use a jump rope, the one-way valves open and close about 100 times a minute, circulating the lymph fluid, ..."

I may be overly cautious, but lacking any real knowledge about cancer metastasis I'll just wait on the rebounding for a while. :D I've been a "mini-tramper" since the 1980s and find it is an excellent exercise, just not at this time for me.

Hedi Mitchell and Sunny Bonet like this.
  10. Sunny Bonet

Registered

It said it was still available on the Walmart site just this morning? I just looked again and still available...it was on "clearance" when I ordered it, as well. Not sure what you're seeing...

The one on Amazon is a BCAN..the one on Walmart is a Balight and I LOVE it. Good luck, Nancy.

11. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I can add it to my cart too, Sunny. Although it is not sold by Walmart but a Marketplace vendor called "Eleanos" or something like that.

Sunny Bonet likes this.
  12. Sunny Bonet

Registered

Hi Beth and thanks, believe me I understand where you're coming from. I was looking more at the removing toxins etc and that the site had what I thought was a lot of useful info in general. Like I said, we all have to do what we feel is best for us. Just as I always have. :) Take care and have a HAPPY Tuesday!

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  13. Sunny Bonet

Registered

Oh yes, I knew that it was actually sold by Eleanos but Walmart accepts their third party vendor returns, should that become necessary. That is one of the big reasons I buy from Walmart.com a lot. In doing business with Eleanos, particularly, I have found them very quick to respond and caring about their customers.

Nancy Hart and Beth Gallagher like this.
  14. Nancy Hart

Registered

I keep assuming that the same place (somewhere in China) makes all things that look alike, and sends them here to be farmed out to distributors, who put different names on them, and pretend they make them. And then that place in China stops making them.

Like when Lowes all the sudden started selling Kobalt tools.. Kobalt? . It's confusing. :confused:

Sunny Bonet and John Brunner like this.
  15. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Or their kids beat it to death.