There's No Place Like Home

Discussion in 'Places I Have Lived' started by Bill Boggs, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

There are across this country some beatiful places. This one for example.
    IMG_0064.jpg
    The Smokie Mountains, the Rockies, the Northwest around Mt Hood and Mt Ranier. I've never been in the northeast, but I know from photos the New England states are gorgous. I thought Eastern Tennessee and eastern Kentucky were places of beauty. Still there is no place like home. West Texas will always be home to me. I lived there when small towns had to turn on street lights because it would get dark and brown from wind and sand blowing, sandstorms. Still the south plains of west Texas has a beauty all its own and could not be appreciated unless one has lived there, maybe raised up in that flat country. Driving across this country one might think what lousy, worthless, ugly landscape this is. To me it is a place of beauty. Take a view.

IMG_0066.JPG
    AF4A8315_IV-STD-web.jpg

This is view around Lubbock. The wide open spaces. Home sweet home.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  2. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Only traveled by car through Texas once, the northern part, and in such a hurry I don't remember much. I could easily learn to like living where those pictures were taken. Much prefer a place where you can see way off in the distance, rather than feel hemmed in with a lot of trees and rolling hills.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Bill Boggs
    I've become a lover of mountains after spending my first 30 years in Chicago, and recall that West Texas has some pretty mountains, but forget, is it called "Big Bend", or some kind of Bend, is that farther west than your area? Frank